• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who makes the best shorts?

Prana Stretch Zion's...I own three pairs. Available in shorts and pants. You can usually find a deal on them somewhere online. Made for rock climbing. Tough and good range of motion.

Update: I had an $80 dividend at REI and tried on most of your suggestions. I ended up with the Prana Zion shorts.

It was hard spending that much on one pair of shorts, but man am I glad I did. They are incredibly comfortable - it feels like I'm wearing pj's. There's no need for a belt, since they have one built in, and they look great with almost any shirt.

I liked them so much, I bought two more pairs.

Thanks again for the recommendations!

FWIW, here's the only Rip Stop Short Dickies has on their website.
Bro D's post says he hasn't "been able to find a pair like 'em since."

Mr. Glass and Dave: are the ones you have different from the rip stop Dickies currently available in some way?

FWIW, If they make ripstop cargo shorts, I didn't find them on their site... only carpenter short. personally, I like the extra pockets on cargo shorts... they come in handy every once in a while, moresore than the hammer loop on carpenter's.

At the time I couldn't find them. I bought some off of Dickie's website that were much rougher/firmer than the ones I originally got. But, my local Wal-Mart has the ones I really like again so yippie!

Prana Stretch Zion's...I own three pairs. Available in shorts and pants. You can usually find a deal on them somewhere online. Made for rock climbing. Tough and good range of motion.

I have a pair of the pants, 3 pairs of the knickers and umpteen pairs of the shorts.... Navy, 2 khaki, 2 forest green, I think some mud. Tried to get Prana to sponsor me...

Dickies work shorts and Nike golf modern tech shorts. Dickies for cheap shorts that are going to last forever and the Nike tech ones for light, breathable and contouring.

+1
Mountain HW also puts out good stuff, but not as easy to find local.

Most of the time Dickies work shorts get the job done. Get most of my clothes from goodwill in the high end neighborhoods.

http://m.sears.com/roebuck-co-men-s-cargo-shorts-belt/p-041VA74738612P

I love these. I have 3 pairs. They go below the knee, which I prefer. At the bottom of the right side there is a little slot pocket that perfectly fits a mini. They are lightweight and pretty soft material. Comes in a bunch of solid colors (khaki, black, gray, green) and some plaid designs too.

Seem to be Sears only, though. But I got mine for $15.99 each.

I wear nothing but dri-fit from Nike or under armour golf shorts when playing disc golf. They're so comfortable and durable. Yes, you will likely drop $50 per pair but I've gathered four pairs in three years and they're all going strong.

Completely agree ZZZ. I love Nike golf shorts. Durable, breathable and you can move in them. I have been lucky enough to find a few pairs at various Nike outlets for around $25. Even though I have been lucky enough to find them on sale, now after owning them, I wouldn't hesitate to pay full price for them.

Bought some Reebok shorts on a whim and they have lasted 7 years and still look great. Breathe great and wish I had 10 more pairs.