• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who named Trilogy?

Trinity was in the Matrix Trilogy. :eek:

giphy.gif

Oh, I know the history of all these games. Just trying to show the OP that there are no shortage of things in the world bearing a moniker that perhaps doesn't reflect its current state of being as well as some other moniker could in a linguistic sense, but was stuck with out of respect for tradition, or because it sounded more marketable, or for whatever reason.

L.A. Lakers anyone?

So, what's a better name for football?

Oh, I know the history of all these games. Just trying to show the OP that there are no shortage of things in the world bearing a moniker that perhaps doesn't reflect its current state of being as well as some other moniker could in a linguistic sense, but was stuck with out of respect for tradition, or because it sounded more marketable, or for whatever reason.

L.A. Lakers anyone?

The Los Angeles Angels means The The Angels Angels.

So far, it seems that the belief is that the name came from a group of fans on Facebook. I was going with the assumption that someone from one of the disc-making companies made the name, due to the official "Trilogy Challenge".

So far, it seems that the belief is that the name came from a group of fans on Facebook. I was going with the assumption that someone from one of the disc-making companies made the name, due to the official "Trilogy Challenge".

That is correct. I guess the Lat family felt it was the american fanboys choice and approved/went with the term. Then used the name for the "Trilogy Challenge", as it showcases/introduces people to product from all three companies.

Personally I do not use or embrace the moniker "Trilogy". I only throw Lat64 plastic anyway,no DD or Westside in my bag.

Last edited:

Speaking of assumptions, your avatar picture looks like a mugshot. Not judging the visage, just sayin'.
Though its good to actually have a face with the moniker for a change.

Obviously I'm trying to get sponsored by Dynamic Discs.

:hfive:

What stage are you in your criminal career? Just a Theif, have you been before a Judge? Have you had a Verdict? Have you been a Convict? Are you a Felon?

Last edited:
Shank would be a great name.

Or maybe MVP is going to use that one for a midrange since it's so close to Shark.

$ on a mold being called the DD mugshot.

It will be a full color disc printed with players' faces on them. Available in player packs for next year's GBO.

-edit- Yes, OF COURSE I'm kidding. I have as much insight into DD's future molds as I do what people who follow the Kardashians are thinking (I mean, they HAVE to be thinking something, right?).