• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who threw in the snow today?

xlhammy

Eagle Member
With a decent sized snowstorm hitting Midwest and Northeast, who got out to go throw in the middle of it? Or, anywhere else for that matter?

I played a round at Spiker-Arboretum Parks in Canton, Ohio today. Wind wasn't blowing too much, and there was some wet heavy snow falling all afternoon. Had 2-4" on the ground already and probably another 2" fell during the round. Was pretty sweet though cause the discs were skipping instead of burying themselves in the snow.

Was nice to meet 3 players from the local area as well. Thanks for letting me tag along John, Sam and Moose. Moose even brought a broom to sweep off the teepads, and provided an excellent demonstration of the Golden Retriever for me. (facepalm for my bad throw). Many thanks!

two rounds in it......came home to the doghouse tho :doh:

Mysterious new Xmas tree appeared this weekend @ the J

1512609_619935388063807_186077890_n.jpg

Went out and threw a round at Jim Barnett this morning with a friend. We have around 6 inches or so on the ground and it was snowing pretty good during our round. On the plus side there was absolutely no wind and nobody else at the course, and judging from the lack of footprints we were the first disc golfers to get out play this week.

I got a round in today. Well, almost a round. Between shoveling off teepads and tromping through four inches of snow we bailed after 15 holes. That took us 3 hours. The golf was so slow you would have thought it was PDGA sanctioned.

Snow in Twin Cities

Played twice this week. Bandimere & Moir Park. Six to eight inches of snow on ground. Had to keep a close eye on disc - buried two that took me a little while to find. Love the cone baskets at Moir.

Attachments

• 1213030820a.jpg
    1213030820a.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 54
On the plus side there was absolutely no wind and nobody else at the course, and judging from the lack of footprints we were the first disc golfers to get out play this week.

There were a couple of brave dog-walkers here, but we pretty much had the place to ourselves. Very serene!

@laramiecarlson - Looks like an awesome hike! Perfect place to take a portable basket ;-)

@CaptainAnhyzer - Hope you make it out of the doghouse soon!

@ThreePutt - The teepad clearing is a pain, for sure. The wetter and heavier the snow got, the worse it became. By the time we finished up, the first tee was completely covered again. Oh well...

The snow isn't supposed to start here until around midnight. Don't think I'll be playing tomorrow, but I did play today. Only had to deal with the couple fluffy inches that fell early in the week. The high today was 9 degrees though after starting the day at -3. Hope that counts for something. :)

Played a tournament today in the rain here in balmy Wilmington, North Carolina. Had a light jacket on but it got too hot...

Played a half-round at the Willows today. First human to play since last weekend when I played there before the snow. DG is definitely a fair weather sport in SE Minnesota.

Played a tournament today in the rain here in balmy Wilmington, North Carolina. Had a light jacket on but it got too hot...

I lived in Fayetteville for 7 years & miss that climate. Ohio doesn't shut down for a week when there's an inch of snow though... lol

i threw in a light rain today

Played two rounds at Grey Fox in SE Wisconsin. Beautiful day for discin'. Not a lot of snow, only spent about 5 minutes total looking for discs under the snow.

4 solo rounds yesterday, last two while it was snowing. Played all rounds tourney style, and bagged my first official ace. It was wonderful.

4 solo rounds yesterday, last two while it was snowing. Played all rounds tourney style, and bagged my first official ace. It was wonderful.

Congrats! That's awesome... The sound of the clank off the basket as the disc hit an inch under the rim from a shot a couple months ago still haunts me :wall:

Played at Lincoln Park today. Tried using trail marking ribbon cut down the middle to make it skinnier and tapped it to the bottom of my disc. Ribbon definitely needed in the 2+ feet of sugary snow. Won't use marking ribbon again because it breaks too easily when it snags on a branch. Will have to go out and get some sturdy packaging ribbon. Good thing it is the season for such purchases.

Latest posts