• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who threw in the snow today?

I was planning on getting out and playing a round this morning. However my front wheel drive car for stuck in my neighbors yard, so I contented myself with setting up my wives birthday present she got me .... an M-14, so I pitched and putted a little around the back yard this morning. Itching to pay a round though, just got my discraft misprint pick and I want to go fling some plastic lol

got in a round yesterday, 15 degrees with full sun, no wind and a light snowfall on top of the 4 inches on the ground. straight up perfect december disc weather, and I'm off work wednesday with a forecasted high of 35!

Field work on Sat and Sun - about 2 hours each day. Only lost 1 disc between us!
Good to be out throwing - I'm starting to go a little stir crazy.

Good to be out throwing - I'm starting to go a little stir crazy.

That's exactly why I'm trying to keep playing all winter! It breaks it up. Kinda sucks on a Monday though 5 days out from the weekend. But, it's all vacation time for me after 12/20 to 1/2...woohoo!

Here's a few pics from yesterday's round at Hudson Springs Park...

11405815043_fdff87f615.jpg

11405812803_db7cdf6b98.jpg

11405676546_0c63b36bd3.jpg

11405691484_7f6da1bc93.jpg

11405684936_41a2b9b132.jpg

Played a two round doubles tournament at Quaker Hill in Maine on Sunday. 8" of fresh snow, and got another 2-3" during the tournament. 9 degrees F, with 18+ mph wind. No lost discs and first place, shooting -11 first round and -8 second round. My partner (brother) and I immediately spent some of our winnings at the closest pizza place. Not a bad way to spend a snow day.

Attachments

• QuakerHill2_snowy_drive.jpg
    QuakerHill2_snowy_drive.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 23
  • QuakerHill2_snowy_walk.jpg
    QuakerHill2_snowy_walk.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 22
  • QuakerHill12.jpg
    QuakerHill12.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 21
I'd like to start playing in the snow more often, but always have trouble with loss of traction. So, I decided to ask for these for Christmas. How many of you out there have tried anything like this for snow play?

stabilicers-ice-cleats-G31032.jpg

Seems like an easy way to get more traction, but I'd be afraid I'd get TOO much traction and mess up a knee or ankle if my plant leg couldn't spin on a forceful throw. I've been trying to play some relatively flatter courses without too much rocks or stairs that I'd need to climb on just for safety sake.

It was neat throwing here in NJ the first round since it had snowed and glazed over. 1st hole's drive (341' with OB about 40' behind that) was a Sharpshooter #2 OB :sick: as I threw it in the air about 280' and it slid / skittered another 200+'. Made a note to self: play short!

Karl

Used a hot pink Underworld in fresh powder today. It was fun to spot the entry point and see the disc almost glowing through the snow.

No snow here, had to suffer thru playing while the temp was a cool 59 degrees.:D

Go ahead and let the hate begin! :D

hey punk, we're gonna be up to 20-30 in the next couple days, so HA

:(

Well it did get down to 25 for the overnight. Our next few days we are forcasted to hit 70 and sunny on Thursday, 73 on Friday, and top out at 76 and chance of rain on Saturday. 76 again on Sunday with thunderstorms, just in time for the start of my weekend :mad:.

played a nice round in mn yesterday at land of memories. hit the basket on the short hole. now im feenin for an ace

Playing Glow in the Snow every Wed night and also have two leagues I alternate on Sunday mornings all winter long. Don't really have a choice in Michigan this time of year, either play in it or don't play at all. It is nice that the DGLA here awards double points for those who play when it is 15 deg or colder.

Latest posts