• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who threw in the snow today?

I wanted to play soooo badly today. We got about 7" or so of lake-effect this morning...perfect weather for a snow round.

Unfortunately I had to work. :wall:

Got lucky and got done with work early.

20 degrees with 2 inches on the ground. Left my bag at home. Meet two friends for round. Borrowed a Star TL and a DX Aviar. Shot 3 worse than my recent average. Had not thrown DX Aviar in wind approaches in a while and it showed. If I lost belief in my Rivers I think I could easily go with a TL.

Bad ass snow skips rule.

Played at Lincoln Park today. Tried using trail marking ribbon cut down the middle to make it skinnier and tapped it to the bottom of my disc. Ribbon definitely needed in the 2+ feet of sugary snow. Won't use marking ribbon again because it breaks too easily when it snags on a branch. Will have to go out and get some sturdy packaging ribbon. Good thing it is the season for such purchases.

that was my only worry with the cassette tape suggestion but it is so light weight that maybe compensates the same. Tis the season for discounted 1/8 inch red gift ribbon though :)

actually use that myself.. the black stuff is so sticky and strong its crazy what you can use that stuff for lol.. My first DG backpack that I had which was my highschool bag even.. basically re-did the inside and bottom with that stuff as well as other seams and its a tank of a bag still to this date my little brother rocks it. Tape is literally stuck on for good.

Congrats! That's awesome... The sound of the clank off the basket as the disc hit an inch under the rim from a shot a couple months ago still haunts me :wall:

I had a throw 6 holes later that did that same thing. That woulda been some **** if I had gotten my first two aces in the same round.

Played a tournament today in a Level 2 snow emergency :D

The 35 minute drive home took over an hour :doh:

We are just dealing with the remnants of the snow here in Colorado, but I went out and played our weekly winter fundraiser series. It's a doubles event and I got randomly drawn with one of the two best players there. We weren't necessarily playing all that well but we still ended up winning.

I really wanted to play today. We got 6 inches. But I got called into plow streets. I ended up going sledding with the wife and girls today, maybe I can get out tomorrow.

The snow isn't supposed to start here until around midnight. Don't think I'll be playing tomorrow, but I did play today. Only had to deal with the couple fluffy inches that fell early in the week. The high today was 9 degrees though after starting the day at -3. Hope that counts for something. :)

put two rounds in during our team challenge yesterday. high was 15. cold as it was, i knew the maine team challenge had to be colder, and it was.

-15 F plus wind chill to -25. Was a c.ld day out there yesterday.

Got a lot of snow last couple of days, still a bit coming down during my round at Firefighters around noon today. Duct-taped about 2 ft of red giftwrap ribbon to four discs and used them the whole round. Some observations:

If you haven't played in fairly deep snow before, trudging through several inches of fresh snow takes more energy than you might think - you don't need to dress as warmly as you might suspect because you're working quite a bit more (and generating more heat) just getting around the course.

When the temp is in the teens, the air's more dense, and discs behave more undertable than "normal," so you can hyzer flip discs you might not ordinarily be able to.

Once the discs get down to ambient temp, the snow doesn't melt on them and they're much easier to keep clean.

9 degrees and 10 mph wind, but beautiful sun. Threw par, froze my toes, all is well in the world.

got two snow rounds in this weekend, one at burke lake and one at poor house farm.

Latest posts