• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who threw in the snow today?

Played this morning after the snow.

You're Welcome Kaukauna :D
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Been playing at least a round a day, and a glow round most nights, tied the course record last night under the full moon, only missed one birdie (hole 7), one of these days I'll get all of them.

995581_10152133415586458_1311401152_n.jpg

1511316_10152133417306458_1879095941_n.jpg

1473013_10152133413666458_506703794_n.jpg

Fallen Warrior

Played yesterday at Brekke in 15 deg temp with couple inches of new powdery snow on the ground. Not everybody survived...... Sure Grip Warrior was defeated by rogue tree......

Attachments

• 1219031104.jpg
    1219031104.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 1220031133.jpg
    1220031133.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 14
Sure Grip Warrior was defeated by rogue tree......

DOH! That sucks, man....

We have a heatwave here in Northeast Ohio - 40's and 50's with rain that's melting all the snow. Courses will be swampy, but less risk in losing a disc to the abominable snowman. Maybe I'll start a "Who threw in the swamp" thread tomorrow after playing ;-)

I can finally join this thread! It actually snowed here in the lovely Pacific Northwest. It's mild by Midwestern standards, but it's still fun to throw with snow on the ground when it's about 30 degrees out. Pretty sure I got fired today (sent home on the busiest day of the year over an assumption), so I took full advantage and went to the course. I'll worry about being broke in another hour or so. Or maybe I'll just go back to the course.

I haven't been out in the snow yet but I've got a friend who comes back to town from Texas every year around Christmas and we always get a night round in during the week that he's back. This year we're planning on throwing the evening of Dec 23rd where the forecast is high of 2, low of -14. We're also supposed to get 3-5" of snow on Saturday so it could be interesting.

. We're also supposed to get 3-5" of snow on Saturday so it could be interesting.

Ended up being about 5" of powder just west of shatak and I played at Grandveiw Sunday afternoon. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=66

Great course for snow especially from the short pads. Group was originally to be about 7, but ended just a friend and I who are assuredly the most hardcore on conditions. Good day. Some great snap with stand and throw driving. Banged a couple aggressive putts. No lost discs, but lots of looking for snow impact marks and digging out.

All 3 courses at smithville

3 hr 50 min, 23 degrees, wind chill in the single digits (its on a lake), 4 over par, and i got an ace

The shortest one out there Hole 5 on Blackthorn, with a nuke ss. Quite a disc when you cant move very much

3 hr 50 min, 23 degrees, wind chill in the single digits (its on a lake), 4 over par, and i got an ace

Congrats on the ace!

Was 65+ degrees here in Ohio yesterday. After 2-3 straight days of steady rain, all the snow melted and there was lots of flooding on and around the local courses. Very muddy as well. Still managed to get in 60 holes though.

33 degrees today, and 23 tomorrow with snow forecasted. Gotta love Ohio weather...

Congrats on the ace!

Was 65+ degrees here in Ohio yesterday. After 2-3 straight days of steady rain, all the snow melted and there was lots of flooding on and around the local courses. Very muddy as well. Still managed to get in 60 holes though.

33 degrees today, and 23 tomorrow with snow forecasted. Gotta love Ohio weather...

i completely agree with the ohio weather. we played 48 holes at lincoln ridge park or banklick. Was not that bad but i fell down about 5 times. you take a step and all the leaves or the grass just gives way. but other than that had a good round. first round shot a +1 everything par 3. about a 900 rated round. could be better. windy. second round shot a +3.

I threw in the snow today. Trudged through about 8" of inches while it snowed another 1 - 3" on top of me.

It was beautiful and serene and just what I needed.

I did. It was sublime. Solo round. Had the course to myself. As close to perfect winter conditions as you could have. A foot or less of snow so the going wasn't too difficult. Temp around 30 so it wasn't too cold. Mostly light winds. I didn't drive particularly well, and a lot of my upshots left a lot to be desired. But my putting was money for the most part.

Latest posts