• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who threw in the snow today?

As posted in the 2014 thread, I shot an honest -1 today at an easy course, but with the cold and a skeleton crew of discs(Sidewinder Roc in DX), I've been shooting +2 to+4 usually of late.

The absence of wind trumps the cold and snow. My approaches with the Roc were within 5 feet on every hole, except where i birdied. Had another chain out as well.

I played a few holes. Shouldn't have. Couldn't hang onto the slick plastic since my hands were cold too. Lost my PPD, that sucks. Gonna have to beat another one in.

uploadfromtaptalk1388643770195.jpg

I played a tags match this morning, get home and my 8 year old is not taking "it's snowing" as an excuse. Kid is hard core.

a couple from new years round at camden 2, nice chilly day of 14 degrees with more snow fall

0gc0.jpg

a2bc.jpg

zz04.jpg

Threw my last round for a while today - the local temperature drops to -17 tonight, with a balmy high of -9 tomorrow.

Same ^ no thanks. I just threw what is probably my worst round since spring of last year so I'm not enthused to go out and brave the elements.

i think i saw 1 snow flake today

im in southern mn and nope the wind has been too bad. 15F and below no thank you. idk if im getting old or i know i should practice more on my basket but its just not worth it. and knowing i have to shovel the pads everytime i go out. nope

45 holes in the snow with S-Doggy today in Milwaukee (27 at Dretzka, 18 at Estabrook).

I played like a dirty diaper... :wall:

I played our Ice Bowl in about 10 inches of snow and temps in the teens today. I threw horribly, it was soo brutal out there :thmbdown:

1st round since around Thanksgiving. Didn't have any expectations so it was fine that i didn't play well. I tested and liked my new DX Rhyno though.

Played in my first ever DG tourney today... Wingfoot Lake State Park's 4th Annual Hangover at the Hangar. Placed 1st in my division, so pretty happy 'bout that.

I played in the first WIFFS tournament yesterday. i did pretty well considering the conditions. it was about 20 with 15-25 mph and 6" of snow on the ground. I shot about 30 points above my current rating. Putting in the wind was a little tricky.

a couple from new years round at camden 2, nice chilly day of 14 degrees with more snow fall

0gc0.jpg

a2bc.jpg

zz04.jpg

Nice photos. The first one looks like hole 12 at Camden One - you played 3 rounds? Or just one at each? The middle is our tree bench and the third is hole 16. Love snow golf.

One time my brother asked to play glow with us while he was in town. His co-worker wanted to come along too (for his first round of disc golf). It was 20mph winds and 20degrees, glow golf, and Camden Two - this was by far the wildest first exposure to disc golf that I know of (btw he did quit after 12, but said he had a great time and was looking forward to playing in the summer).