• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who threw in the snow today?

Played acorn dubs today. Tough round with the wind, but my partner and I pulled together for a 1-bogey round and scratched up -4. Thought we had won; were asking everyone what their score was and the highest was -3...until someone goes "oh, and Cali got -7" lmao. Oh well. It was fun for my first time playing with them!

i wanted to throw several holes after work before the sun went down but i was definitely not equipt. at least one more layer was needed to battle them winds:thmbdown: im going to try in the morning before work in the wind ha :\

Got back to Minnesota after spending 12 days in the Carribean then Florida... I immediately got my stuff together and went for a snow round at Mont Du Lac. 7 of us out playing doubles in 12 degrees, and a bottle of Jameson.

:thmbup:

I missed Minnesota.

Been snowing all day here in Northeast Ohio... I think we have 6-10" in places by now. Nevertheless, got in a snowy, windy round at Hudson Springs Park today. Found a few over the knee snow drifts as well! Making it a double this weekend with a tourney tomorrow also...

Snow and Winter be damned! Mwuahahaha!

i did yesterday. i went out and did some field work/ putting. temps were in the 40's and snow was on the ground. oh and today is at high of 12 degrees low going to -2 ish. but tomorrow is -8 the low with wind chills in the -30's

Tough winter season this year. Had 9 of us out playing on Saturday for fun, temps were 10 deg with 15 mph winds in a foot of snow. Then got 14 people for Winter Bag Tag league play on Sunday as it got worse, about 2 deg with 20-25 mph winds in a foot of snow with more snow falling. Been a while since I used my ski goggles for disc golfing.

Looking like Glow on Wed night will be even colder than the weekend...:gross:

Some snow in the shaded parts of the course at Truckee yesterday but it was warm like 50-60 degrees and ice and footing was freakin dangerous on the teepads and on hills. You could have poured baby-oil on the ice and had more traction!

Finally got out yesterday. Maybe a couple inches of packed stuff, and 3-6-12 inches of loose stuff. Kept my eyes on my discs, and even risked throwing a couple of blind shots. No long hunts. Conditions weren't bad. Unusually warm compared to what it has been (~30 degrees, 20-25 mph winds perhaps).

There were a lot of tracks for the first bunch of holes... maybe dwindling off as the course continued. Then no tracks on a teepad for one hole. Then only two sets of tracks on another hole. And then none at all.

We've had some very low temps at times lately (including today), so I can sympathize with those who might have started a round (21 altogether) and not finished. Heck, I waited until one of the nicest days until I got out. But, I was amused at the progression.

This weekend was one of the first since i started playing in which i didn't get a round in. I wanted to get out and play and the snow and wind do suck but doesn't stop me from playing. I've gone through way more firewood this year than i'd anticipated so my weekend was spent wielding a Stihl instead of a Teebird.

Finally got out yesterday. Maybe a couple inches of packed stuff, and 3-6-12 inches of loose stuff. Kept my eyes on my discs, and even risked throwing a couple of blind shots. No long hunts. Conditions weren't bad. Unusually warm compared to what it has been (~30 degrees, 20-25 mph winds perhaps).

There were a lot of tracks for the first bunch of holes... maybe dwindling off as the course continued. Then no tracks on a teepad for one hole. Then only two sets of tracks on another hole. And then none at all.

We've had some very low temps at times lately (including today), so I can sympathize with those who might have started a round (21 altogether) and not finished. Heck, I waited until one of the nicest days until I got out. But, I was amused at the progression.

Ducked out briefly today, around 3 degrees, wind not too bad. One problem was that I forgot my batting glove, so I was throwing either bare handed, or sometimes in ski gloves. Another possible issue was playing in jeans under my snow pants (on my way to the office...) which reduced my mobility a little and maybe I can blame a couple of my errant throws on it.

Played just 9 in about 55 minutes. Had several medium or long hunts for discs under the snow. Made me think seriously about trying ribbon. And made me think that it wasn't _that_ important to keep poking around for a partner for this weekend's ice bowl. A group to help spot, yes. But even more tracks to cover disc entries, etc. Could be ugly.

Wasn't too cold, by any means. But, wasn't throwing great, and hunting for discs wasn't much fun.

Snow in Southtown?

Actually had a little putting practice in the backyard today. Maybe 1 to 2 inches of snow on the ground. First snow that has stuck on the ground in 3+ years. I was going to go the local course for 18 but remembered how the locals drove during the last snow. The constant local news coverage of the snow is hilarious for a former Yooper.

I played in 10 degree weather and it was straight up miserable. I found out this winter that I can handle 20, but 10 is horrible. Please, Spring, come soon.

This weekend was one of the first since i started playing in which i didn't get a round in. I wanted to get out and play and the snow and wind do suck but doesn't stop me from playing. I've gone through way more firewood this year than i'd anticipated so my weekend was spent wielding a Stihl instead of a Teebird.

Same here, starting to think about scrounging in the woods. Have not used this much wood in 27 years.

I got out for the first time in a nearly a couple weeks today.

19 and sunny with a light brezze, knee high snow, it felt like spring after all the sub-zero crap. :)