• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who would be interested in a true disc golf sling bag?

Would you buy a sling bag built for disc golf?

• Yes!

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Probably, if it was kept under $100.

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Nah, my Crunch Box is good enough.

Votes: 32 56.1%

• Total voters
I voted no, mentally replacing "crunch box" with "spider monkey." The key advantage is that for rainy weather I can attach fade weatherguards.

True, but Fade straps are $30. A small backpack rain cover is $10.

The fade straps offer much easier access to discs while also wrapping around the bottom of the bag so the bottom of the bag isn't soaked through. The rainfly also stores in a pouch on the straps, so you needn't find room for it in the bag (when the weather's iffy). All in all a better solution than an aftermarket rainfly.

Winter is mainly rain in the Northwest (as are spring & fall). I suppose there's a different priority hierarchy in other regions.

The fade straps offer much easier access to discs while also wrapping around the bottom of the bag so the bottom of the bag isn't soaked through. The rainfly also stores in a pouch on the straps, so you needn't find room for it in the bag (when the weather's iffy). All in all a better solution than an aftermarket rainfly.

Winter is mainly rain in the Northwest (as are spring & fall). I suppose there's a different priority hierarchy in other regions.

Well, my bags are all made with waterproof vinyl on the bottom, so I never worry about that. I come from Syracuse, NY which averages about 120" of snowfall each year. I'm not a stranger to inclement weather.

I just was never as big a fan of the Fade straps because they're anchored on the straps themselves. It caused a lot of ballooning and shifting taking the bag on and off. Unlike something like the Grip rainfly which conforms to the bag.

Different strokes for different folks.

I prefer two straps over one so that way it spreads the weight on the back a little better for a long day of discing.

at the pro worlds this year I saw justin (creator of grip eq). He was carrying a sling bag he made out of one of the grip side pockets. It was pretty cool, he was just using it for carrying his camera gear mainly.

i would imagine lifting the strap over your head twice every throw would get annoying (once to take it off, once to put it back on).

No thanks.

i would imagine lifting the strap over your head twice every throw would get annoying (once to take it off, once to put it back on).

No thanks.

...you wear it over one shoulder when you're just walking from lie to lie. You wear it across your body during long walks, waits, or putting a gimmee.

Same as with quads when you just pick up the bag and put it on one shoulder.

Last edited:

Latest posts