• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wholesale prices

RHINESEL

Double Eagle Member
Of course Innova, Discraft, ect doesn't print it on their sites but I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread about it (I did search).

What are the wholesale prices for discs? I'm sure the numbers must have leaked out.

Just curious.

The game is to be sold not told.

I fully understand that. I have no problem with mark up. Let's face it, operating a store is hard work and there is a ton of overhead plus utilities plus employee cost.

I was just wondering, that's all.

Gateway is $6-6.50 for S plastic, $9-9.50 for Evo.
From my days at an online sporting goods retailer's warehouse, Innova's D plastic was around $4, Champion around $7, Star around $11-12. It's been over a year since I worked there and got good deals on discs, but these are somewhat accurate from what I remember.

If you can, try to buy from a local pro. They offer near wholesale(10 for new) Plus it's really hard for them to make a living on only dg. If there are no pros around you- move to Michigan

I know Discraft prints their prices for getting custom stamped discs and I would guess those are near wholesale based on the fact they do it as a way to sponsor as many events as they can. I would guess prices might be a little bit lower based on the cost of the custom print on the disc. I just looked up what plastic you could get for $6 and that was Elite Z just to give you an idea.

If you can, try to buy from a local pro. They offer near wholesale(10 for new) Plus it's really hard for them to make a living on only dg. If there are no pros around you- move to Michigan

I don't think I am willing to move to Michigan to find a local pro.

we have a dude who sells disc as a wholesaler at the local disc course. He is reasonable considering you don't have to pay tax

It is not as simple as "what is wholesale cost"...
Each company has different tiers of cost they offer to retailers depending on the quantity they purchase and how they pay. This can effect wholesale cost by quite a bit depending on buying power. It is very accurate to say the normal markup is 100%, but that is controlled by the retailer typically.

Standard retail mark up is 100%, so wholesale cost is usually 50% of retail. Do the math...
I've been told this is not the case with golf discs. I've heard of markups more in the 50-75% range. Like somebody stated, it may vary considerably depending upon the quantity the retailer buys.

It is not as simple as "what is wholesale cost"...
Each company has different tiers of cost they offer to retailers depending on the quantity they purchase and how they pay. This can effect wholesale cost by quite a bit depending on buying power. It is very accurate to say the normal markup is 100%, but that is controlled by the retailer typically.

i think we have a winner here...