• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

why are dg bags so weaksauce

02_12_2008_pizzapizza.jpg

I love buttered stuff!

From fishing gear site: All G.Loomis Bags have been Discontinued :wall:

There are a few around but $125+

Yeah that sounds like a ripoff considering what i paid. try basspro.com, the basspro extreme qualifier 360, looks similar and only 30 bucks! there should be one up in your neck of the woods. i sent you a pm bout those dyejobs, your work?

I'm honestly starting to think about using my old backpack as a disc golf bag. I usually only carry 6-7 discs when I play anyway, so throw 'em in there and then I'd have a spot for more than one bottle of water, a few snacks and even my camera if I wanted to put my DSLR in there.

I have a fade bag now (one of the small ones) and I'm starting to think the backpack would work better. I just don't like the disc golf backpacks yet enough to want to purchase one.

I personally like how bags are currently for the most part. To me they don't look as ugly as some people say, but hey then again they could be. My only gripe on dg bags is that I want modular options and possibly add-ons to go with them (i.e MOLLE/PALS etc webbings to attach stuff if you want to) Also they could use hydration bladder compatible options for the bigger bags but that is my opinion and idea. Other then that dg bags are very efficient at what they do and then some.

THAT is a cool little bag there, seems like it serves well for everything needed. I really like the size of the top pouch and the couple smaller ones for just keys. I always hated tossing my keys into a big pocket on the bag and then having to go fishing for them when im done playing my round(s)

just hook 'em on a carabiner :hfive:

i have 18 discs plus lots of extras in my fade tourney bag, just using the standard one-shoulder strap, and i rarely have problems.

i don't understand what all the fuss is about...

Yeah that sounds like a ripoff considering what i paid. try basspro.com, the basspro extreme qualifier 360, looks similar and only 30 bucks! there should be one up in your neck of the woods. i sent you a pm bout those dyejobs, your work?

Drove up to Bass Pro Shop to take a look at the bag; I carried several mids and putters in with me and they all fit in the bottom section perfectly. The bag almost stands up on it's own too. I would have bought it there on the spot but it was $40 plus tax there and $29 to have it shipped to me. On principle alone I came home and ordered it.

Once it arrives I will build a frame similar to the other DIY backpacks and plasti-dip the bottom. I even think I could modify it to be Simian-esque with more PVC and some yoga mats I have. No, drink holders but plenty of room for a cooler for water in the top compartment.

Latest posts