• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why don't people call back?

I am curious how you are losing that much plastic on a mainly open course. Hole 1, to lose a disc would have to be a terrible kick left off a tree 50 ft to the water after an aweful shot. Almost unrealistic. Hole 2, I still don't know how people are turning discs over that far into the water but it seems to happen. 3 would have to be a terrible shot period to go in that water, 4 no chance of losing a disc. 5 should never happen but I have found several down in the water run off area in easy spots. 6 wide open up hill, 7 downhill, should never lose a disc, 8 wide open straight shot, 9 turnover, the extreme turnover shot would possibly be bad but shouldn't be lost right? 10 if you crush a forehand or anny it's possible to be in the water. 11 shouldn't lose a disc, 12 shouldn't lose a disc. Bassett is a course you shouldn't lose much if any plastic if you watch discs until they land. Op either needs to watch discs for the entire flight, not just 80% of them or is having serious issues. If you said you lost a bunch at brp, the valley, maybe even Bryant but Bassett?

Hole12 it can fade hard and with the trees being cut and bushes everywhere. One today may have been stolen by some kids or else its in the tree. I lost one on hole 11 too in the water. Released too much hyzer. I can't believe I lost them either. I've played BR about 3 times and only lost a single disc. I play basett every two days at least. Chances go up. I have been extremely unlucky as of late. I watch the entire flight. I have good colored discs.

I lost one on hole 11 too in the water. Released too much hyzer. I can't believe I lost them either.

Your results are unfortunate and I'm not trying to be a jerk about it but the part I quoted is the issue. You threw a disc poorly, it went in the water, you didn't go in and get it or rake it out. How can you not believe you lost them? That's the perfect trifecta on how to lose a disc.

Because people are inherently programmed to be gigantic D-Bags.

Courses are swarming with self-absorbed millennial bros. Instead of "I found somebody's disc, I bet they'd love to get this back" it's "Dude, check it out! Free disc!" No amount of forum discussion is ever going to change that. As for the people who actually do know better but choose greed over courtesy, may there be a pox on your discs and your golf game.

Courses are swarming with self-absorbed millennial bros. Instead of "I found somebody's disc, I bet they'd love to get this back" it's "Dude, check it out! Free disc!" No amount of forum discussion is ever going to change that. As for the people who actually do know better but choose greed over courtesy, may there be a pox on your discs and your golf game.

Lulz!'!!! What this guy meant to say was that courses are full of crybabies that lose discs and expect everyone to return them promptly at once, for free, and tell them you're sorry they lost it

I called a guy last weekend on a destroyer I found in the middle of a 250 ft hole. I immediately thought wtf? 125ft with a destroyer?

The guy had lost that disc months ago and was pumped to come over and get it. He never showed up or called again. Now I'm lost on rather to give it away or try and contact him again.

I called a guy last weekend on a destroyer I found in the middle of a 250 ft hole. I immediately thought wtf? 125ft with a destroyer?

The guy had lost that disc months ago and was pumped to come over and get it. He never showed up or called again. Now I'm lost on rather to give it away or try and contact him again.

uh that guy died, because he was on his cellphone talking to you while driving.

its not worth it folks... just keep the discs.

Lulz!'!!! What this guy meant to say was that courses are full of crybabies that lose discs and expect everyone to return them promptly at once, for free, and tell them you're sorry they lost it

No, my delusional friend, that is not what I meant at all. I meant exactly what I said. It really isn't that hard to do the right thing. You should try it sometime.

Yup....Douchers!! I will always make a good effort to contact a person when finding a disc with name, number or pdga # on it.

Best one was a first run Boss I lost in FL, while on vacation. Dude called me and mailed it to me because he knew it was worth some coin. Thanks again dude!:thmbup:

No, my delusional friend, that is not what I meant at all. I meant exactly what I said. It really isn't that hard to do the right thing. You should try it sometime.

You know what else isn't hard? Walking away from a $10 lost disc because of a bad throw and not complaining. You should try it sometime

When I lose a disc its a happy moment b/c someone is going to find a hell of a mold.

I always find **** discs anyways'

You know what else isn't hard? Walking away from a $10 lost disc because of a bad throw and not complaining. You should try it sometime

First of all, except for my beloved Wizards, I can't remember the last time I threw a $10 disc. Second, I have never complained on this here forum about losing a disc. My observations are general musings on those who seem to lack the capacity for comprehending the difference between right and wrong, or if they do know the difference they choose to follow the wrong path. And third need not be mentioned because I'm a gentleman.

Here we go again.
I found a beautiful uninked white Star Tern with yellow swirls in the 4th basket of my local course the other day. I asked every group I saw if they'd lost a disc and eventually found the owner. I'll admit to being a little disappointed about having to give that one back but I'm glad it found it's home.

Despite being willing to call or ask around looking for the owners of lost discs, I find myself agreeing with Vonbeezy after reading the OP. I do sympathize a little, as I remember being in college and playing disc golf with only a couple discs because I'd rather save my money for beer than buy plastic. But I watched my discs all the way down, looked until I found them, and did the same for my friends. I never marked my discs, and never expected to get the couple I lost back.

And that is what rubs me the wrong way about the OP. He acts like he's entitled to have his discs returned instead of fortunate when it happens. Nonsense like what I've quoted below makes me understand the point of view of people who throw marked discs back where they found them.

I've lost 4 discs. Premium plastic and this costs $60 to replace.. It's really messing up my bank account and getting me very angry. I'm hoping at least one of these discs will be called in within the next few days..

Aaj, if you cannot afford to lose discs, watch them to the ground, hunt for them longer, play more open courses, and throw less expensive plastic. If you can't afford MVP maybe you should be throwing Discraft X or Innova DX or Pro plastic. There's nothing wrong with those plastics, and they're definitely more friendly on the wallet. I've looked for over an hour for a single disc, so to say you've looked for a combined hour for 4 discs doesn't impress me much. I'm not trying to pick on you, I'm simply sharing how I kept disc golf affordable when I didn't have much money to spend on it.