• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why don't people call back?

aajpity

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I was wondering why people don't call back.. I have lost numerous discs while playing disc golf and almost never get a call back. I only have once and I still don't have the disc. But this week things took a turn for the worse, I've lost 4 discs. Premium plastic and this costs $60 to replace.. It's really messing up my bank account and getting me very angry. I'm hoping at least one of these discs will be called in within the next few days..

Axiom Envy, Neutron Amp, and Neutron Tangent were all lost @ Basett Creek over here in Crystal in the last 8 days.. If you find them please contact me..

Water, trees, or forgotten?

Sucks either way. If I lose a disc, I don't ever expect a call back. I've called so many and I still haven't gotten a call. My karma must still be in the negative for some reason. I blame Obama.

Water, trees, or forgotten?

Sucks either way. If I lose a disc, I don't ever expect a call back. I've called so many and I still haven't gotten a call. My karma must still be in the negative for some reason. I blame Obama.

Me too man.

All of them trees or bushes. I tried looking hard for all of them. Spent over an hour combined looking for them. I am just having absolutely terrible luck as of late.

Because you would have to call them first to get a call back.

They sold your discs for cash.

It happens. Sorry OP.

I am curious how you are losing that much plastic on a mainly open course. Hole 1, to lose a disc would have to be a terrible kick left off a tree 50 ft to the water after an aweful shot. Almost unrealistic. Hole 2, I still don't know how people are turning discs over that far into the water but it seems to happen. 3 would have to be a terrible shot period to go in that water, 4 no chance of losing a disc. 5 should never happen but I have found several down in the water run off area in easy spots. 6 wide open up hill, 7 downhill, should never lose a disc, 8 wide open straight shot, 9 turnover, the extreme turnover shot would possibly be bad but shouldn't be lost right? 10 if you crush a forehand or anny it's possible to be in the water. 11 shouldn't lose a disc, 12 shouldn't lose a disc. Bassett is a course you shouldn't lose much if any plastic if you watch discs until they land. Op either needs to watch discs for the entire flight, not just 80% of them or is having serious issues. If you said you lost a bunch at brp, the valley, maybe even Bryant but Bassett?

I am curious how you are losing that much plastic on a mainly open course. Hole 1, to lose a disc would have to be a terrible kick left off a tree 50 ft to the water after an aweful shot. Almost unrealistic. Hole 2, I still don't know how people are turning discs over that far into the water but it seems to happen. 3 would have to be a terrible shot period to go in that water, 4 no chance of losing a disc. 5 should never happen but I have found several down in the water run off area in easy spots. 6 wide open up hill, 7 downhill, should never lose a disc, 8 wide open straight shot, 9 turnover, the extreme turnover shot would possibly be bad but shouldn't be lost right? 10 if you crush a forehand or anny it's possible to be in the water. 11 shouldn't lose a disc, 12 shouldn't lose a disc. Bassett is a course you shouldn't lose much if any plastic if you watch discs until they land. Op either needs to watch discs for the entire flight, not just 80% of them or is having serious issues. If you said you lost a bunch at brp, the valley, maybe even Bryant but Bassett?

you said it best. the last line you said tim, is what confused me the most about the OP... the only time i played basset i never thought ever i could lose a disc out there, let alone 4.

Just throw Dx plastic, no one wants to keep that stuff. ;)

I just got off the phone to a "Kendra" who's blizzard Katana I found today. I told her where I found it and she said "Really? Oh...I guess my boyfriend must have lost it" I told her where the lost discs could be picked up.

I always call, and most of my friends do, too.

How can the OP expect a call when he does not even know if one of his discs have been found yet?

You put your number on a disc in hopes you will get a phone call. Expecting one is a bit much to ask for.

I'm still super bummed that no one ever called about my lost Proton Tangent earlier this year. I know somebody had to have found it and my number was clearly marked on it.

Can't trust anyone these days.

Have a girl write "Kimberly" ,or whatever, on all your discs.... Really girly stlye with a heart for the dot on the "i' .... You will get all your discs back. Fight fire with fire.:hfive:

why would you want a stranger to have your phone number?

i never write on my plastic. if i lose it, it deserves to be lost. disc karma for life.

why would you want a stranger to have your phone number?

i never write on my plastic. if i lose it, it deserves to be lost. disc karma for life.

What? A couple years ago we had these things called phone books. They were a list of EVERYONES phone number and they gave out free!

If everyone compensated disc returners, there would probably be more of them. "Oh, thanks man" is great and all, but "Oh, thanks man. Here's $5 for not selling my disc to PIAS" is better.

What? A couple years ago we had these things called phone books. They were a list of EVERYONES phone number and they gave out free!

Yep. It was just a bit later that God created dirt. :)

My experience locally is that all the regular discers don't hesitate to call on found discs. I do it as soon as I find it, returned some a few minutes later that way. Have had the same done for me too. Personally, I don't want $5, I really do appreciate seeing a guy being genuinely pleased to get his disc back, as I am. It's the spirit of the thing. OP - don't give up, maybe the guy who snagged yours will lose it and an honest person will find it the next time with your name still on it. That's happened to me too (Lost my disc at Thorncliffe here in Calgary, was called 2 months later by a lady walking with her kids in a school field on the other end of the city).