• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why don't people call back?

No here we go again was back when Hampstead commented

I'm not bashing you or crazy owl. Just marking the moment when it started to escalate.

I would love a call to collect one of my previous lovers. I don't hold my breath though. If I lose one, I had treated her poorly anyway. Hopefully the next guy will treat her with the love she deserves. :mourningsmiley::singletearsmiley: :eek:veritsmiley:

A little common courtesy goes a long way. People spend time learning and becoming one with a disc. Sure I have happily walked away from tons of discs that I was not attached too, but every now and then your creme dela creme gets lost. Its nice to have the option of getting your disc returned if you really want it back.

I called a guy last weekend on a destroyer I found in the middle of a 250 ft hole. I immediately thought wtf? 125ft with a destroyer?

The guy had lost that disc months ago and was pumped to come over and get it. He never showed up or called again. Now I'm lost on rather to give it away or try and contact him again.

Sort of in the same boat. Found a sweet Rasta looking tie died Z Pred. The owner was super stoked about getting his disc back. After some short convo via text, I tell him my work schedule and he agrees to stop by and see me and get his disc back (I'm a bar tender btw..lol)
Well here we are 6 months later. That Predator is still lurking in my Backup Box in my trunk....hmmmm? :confused:

Believe me I check on discs. If I care enough I'll spend hours.

Saying it'snot worth it is wrong, say you lose a disc that you got 3 aces with. You lose it and I finds it. Would you still say its not worth it? That I should sell it? If I find yours I will but I'll call the rest.

Saying it'snot worth it is wrong,
No, saying it's not worth it is a matter of opinion. People tend not to sweat losing plastic when they have plenty of backups or a good paying job to buy them. Something valued at less than $20 isn't worth muddy clothes, much less a tetanus shot, snakebite or waterborne disease. The fact that pond divers come back with loads of discs from the same spot over and over are testament that many share that sentiment.

I have a similar problem. I find discs with numbers, call and leave a message but early ever get a call back.

So many tyedye Champ Grooves........

my first name is Kelly. I started writing the tail of the y in the shape of a heart. still no calls. eventually I quit putting a name at all. just dots to satisfy PDGA rules. I count lost discs as a loss.

Lulz!'!!! What this guy meant to say was that courses are full of crybabies that lose discs and expect everyone to return them promptly at once, for free, and tell them you're sorry they lost it
Yea because you should charge people for common courtesy and good deeds. :thmbdown: Take a shower because your attitude stinks.

:rolleyes:

Saying it'snot worth it is wrong, say you lose a disc that you got 3 aces with. You lose it and I finds it. Would you still say its not worth it? That I should sell it? If I find yours I will but I'll call the rest.

So combining this post with your original it seems as though you don't care enough to look for the four discs you lost (since you'll spend "hours" looking if you care enough, but only spent an hour total looking for these four) but EXPECT someone else to find them for you and return them. Typical Millennial...:wall: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh, and on the off chance you find the money to travel to my neck of the woods and you find a disc I lost? You can feel free to keep it. I don't lose many, don't expect a call when I do lose one, and it sounds like you need it more than me anyway.

I will also reiterate this is why I don't pick up lost discs when I find them.

I point them out to the group then watch as some other clown picks it up. Then when they try to give it to me to call I can claim "You picked it up it's your duty" Unless I know the person then I'll toss it in the back and give it back next time I see them.