• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why don't people call back?

I've gotten to return a few, and I've gotten calls from people who live near the course who get discs over the fence along with some bonus discs that had no number... My son fished one out of a lake and didn't want to call. I called and the guy had lost it like 10 years ago and said he could keep it. I think calling is a great way to meet someone new and play a round with a new friend, and I sure appreciate getting a call when someone returns my disc...

Cool story I've told here before:

My buddy Geoffrey didn't have a lot of money, so he was pretty paranoid about losing his stuff and he marked everything. He even marked his favorite mini, which he promptly lost.

A couple days later a young girl called him because she had found it! He told her to keep it and if he ever saw her on the course he'd give her a disc too. She was very excited.

The OP home course is very difficult to lose plastic at to say the least. If your a semi accurate player who is of the 880 pdga rating type or better I doubt you lose many discs at Bassett. Only hole I often see lost discs is a temp hole we play for league on the peninsula between hole 12 and 1. I know the mvp craze is going on and it starts and ends with the noobs and internet guys here. Look around long and hard once at the players that make you go wow with the skills they have and take a look of what they are throwing. I do not know of a solid player in my area who throws mvp. Take some previous opinions and buy some dx or pro plastic, better yet go over to Plymouth creek on hole 2 and hide in the bushes like that group does or hang by hole 1 at sunny side.

I just put "reward" on all of mine and pay 2-5 dollars depending on what one is returned.
If people go to the effort (usually they dont) to return a disc, they should be rewarded for that.

I have a similar problem. I find discs with numbers, call and leave a message but early ever get a call back.

So many tyedye Champ Grooves........

Amen to that! Just found another one of those tyedye Champ Grooves last week while looking for a DX Teebird that was never to be found. I feel cheated in that trade. ;)

I do not know of a solid player in my area who throws mvp.
Dude, you're from Minnesota, the ass end of nowhere. The last time my cousins from Minnesota came to visit they were all exited about getting indoor plumbing sometime in the next couple of years. So don't worry that all the "cool kids" up there are still throwing antique discs. Overmolded goodness will be along to improve your game soon. :thmbup:

;) Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

I never understood how some fellow dg players can pick up an inked disc with no intention of calling and feel good about it.:thmbdown:

If you don't want to hassle with it, fine. Leave it be. Lost discs in the bushes I'll call and there's still a 50/50 they wont make the effort to get it back, leaving me with the disc as a bonus for the effort. Any discs left in the fairway I don't even bother picking up since it was probably left by a player ahead of me, and will be back. If I picked it up and it wasn't inked I might be tempted to keep it while the owner is probably on his way back to grab it. So I usually just leave it be.

I've had 75% of my lost discs returned. I usually buy the person a 22oz. of something tasty and hand it to them when they hand me the disc (unless i've not left the course yet, in which case they get something from my bag -- a mini or a beer or something).
I've always called several times to return lost discs. 75% of people call back.75% of those people have given me some little thank you gift in return. The 25% of discs left unclaimed get gifted to beginners.
It ain't mandatory to give thank you gifts or rewards when someone does the right thing by calling. It is 100% mandatory to at least try to return someone else's lost property. Anyone who says otherwise needs to do better.

A buddy of mine gets more discs returned than anybody I know. Most of the time he only puts his name, no #, and people still track him down to return his discs. It helps that he's a real friendly guy who is quick to help out new players and likes to give out pointers if people want advice on their game.

I've had 75% of my lost discs returned. I usually buy the person a 22oz. of something tasty and hand it to them when they hand me the disc (unless i've not left the course yet, in which case they get something from my bag -- a mini or a beer or something).
I've always called several times to return lost discs. 75% of people call back.75% of those people have given me some little thank you gift in return. The 25% of discs left unclaimed get gifted to beginners.
It ain't mandatory to give thank you gifts or rewards when someone does the right thing by calling. It is 100% mandatory to at least try to return someone else's lost property. Anyone who says otherwise needs to do better.

22oz??? :eek:

.125oz seems more than fair :D

I never understood how some fellow dg players can pick up an inked disc with no intention of calling and feel good about it.:thmbdown:

If you don't want to hassle with it, fine. Leave it be. Lost discs in the bushes I'll call and there's still a 50/50 they wont make the effort to get it back, leaving me with the disc as a bonus for the effort. Any discs left in the fairway I don't even bother picking up since it was probably left by a player ahead of me, and will be back. If I picked it up and it wasn't inked I might be tempted to keep it while the owner is probably on his way back to grab it. So I usually just leave it be.

those are the easiest ones to return though. if you dont pick it up, sure the owner might be back soon enough to pick it up but more than likely it will be in the bag of a player behind you by then

Latest posts