• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why don't Tournament Directors get paid?

This is possibly the most fun I've had reading a thread in this forum. Keep up the good work, guys.
:clap:

The surprise for new TDs is often not what's involved at the tournament, but before and after.

I had big plans for me as the TD doing all sorts of stuff during the event. When my phone started ringing at 6am and didn't stop until after the 2 minute warning I quickly learned the importance of having a good and reliable team assembled to get work done. I wasn't surprised by the amount of work at the event, but was surprised by how little I could help with that work.

I just wrote a long post regarding the answers, but it's just not worth it.

I don't care anymore.

Fair enough. Hopefully you will start caring soon about truthfulness, humility, kindness, and graciousness in the way you communicate here.

And I will freely admit that my posts too often probably come across on the readers' end needing more humility and kindness. I will continue to try to improve.

Last edited:
How can an opinion be dishonest?

Nevermind....I'm wrong. Always wrong. I have no idea what I'm talking about. I wasn't a touring pro for years, didn't play more sanctioned rounds in a year than anyone else in the world, haven't ran over 20 events including a major and haven't marshalled multiple world championships. I always forget that....

How can an opinion be dishonest?
i dont think he was questioning your opinion, more your contradictory statements
Nevermind....I'm wrong. Always wrong. I have no idea what I'm talking about. I wasn't a touring pro for years, didn't play more sanctioned rounds in a year than anyone else in the world, haven't ran over 20 events including a major and haven't marshalled multiple world championships. I always forget that....
How you appear to others:
tumblr_m5b52eW4xi1qj8o9go1_500.gif

What you think of yourself:
joe-camel.jpg

Get over your self accomplishment list. I think you have listed it enough times on this site now for the whole world to know. It doesn't make what you say mean anything more than anyone else's words. No one is impressed, no one cares. If you want people to take you seriously, and you obviously do, then be more tactful in your rhetoric.
With your background and knowledge you should have something more to add than "you are all idiots," "how do you question me," and "my way is the one and only way, anything else is rubbish."

I probably have as much hair as that camal, but I don't smoke. But I do own lots of purple shirts. And my gf is pretty smoking hot.

So not bad.

Last edited:
^^^Nope, he doesn't have a point. He said "Nobody cared about swimming until Phelps came around", and that is expressly not true. The swimming competitions have been the MOST popular events in the summer Olympics for those same 2+ decades that you mentioned. He doesn't know who Mark Spitz is, so what? That doesn't make his statement true.

My statement was a relatively true hyperbole. Compared to the Olympics 4 years before Phelps, a great number more people (maybe only Americans?) were watching the swimming events the Olympics after Phelps. It is "expressly not true" that "nobody cared about swimming". I could have put Spitz in there, it wouldn't have made my statement any more or less true.

I just thought it was more illustrative than "Phelps winning increased swimming's popularity." Are you actually saying that is false? Because if that statement is not false, I had a point. I just did not make it in the least interesting and ambiguous way possible.

^^^ Your "point" got lost when you started making false definitive statements

It is obvious by his reply that my point was made. He would have had no reason to put "and swimming events have been popular for the past 2 decades" if my point had not been made.

To which I reply "You know what's easy? Running 100m. I haven't trained a second and I can do that."

in under 12 seconds? which isn't even a good time anyway. terrible attempt at "proving" your point.

Who cares how fast I do it? The point is that anything is hard when you have to do it better than everyone else. Draining a 30' putt isn't hard; draining more 30' putts than McBeast is.

Latest posts