• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why is chartreuse the new shirt color of choice?

Why on EARTH would you wear them to play in a disc golf tournament? Give me one good reason to wear a dayglo color in a tournament besides "because I like the color" because that is NOT sufficient. End of story.

Why is that not a good reason? That's the general motivation behind most fashion choices. I wear blue to tournaments because I like blue. Sometimes I wear red or orange because I like those colors too.

If you're wearing those colors to a disc golf tournament you are being selfish and discourteous. End of story.

Give me one good reason to wear a dayglo color in a tournament besides "because I like the color" because that is NOT sufficient. End of story.

You ended your story twice, I'm not sure you know what End of Story means.

The colors are designed to draw the eye. Why on EARTH would you wear them to play in a disc golf tournament? Give me one good reason to wear a dayglo color in a tournament besides "because I like the color" because that is NOT sufficient. End of story.

Here is my analysis of the whole "bright color" fiasco. If you can block out something as simple as another person's shirt, you need to work on mental focus before playing tournaments.

Also, on wooded courses, it helps to know if people are still on the hole, especially if basket is not visible from the tee. Much like hunters wear in the forest, so they don't get shot. I'm not saying I disagree 100% with you, but let's be serious. Take notice of everything in your surroundings before you tee off, find your line and drown it out. End of Story. :p

So, anyone have a good link to some chartreuse drifits? I usually wear blue, grey or red, but I'm willing to open my mind to some new colors now.

Give me one good reason to wear a dayglo color in a tournament besides "because I like the color" because that is NOT sufficient. End of story.

After reading this...just to **** with you.

I don't generally wear bright colors. Red is as bright as I go. But you can train your eye to not be "drawn" to bright colors if you want to. It's not some sort of instinct that can't ever be overcome.

I brought up this point earlier in the thread and I'll do it again. I've heard complaints about Discatchers and the yellow band that are along the same lines ("they draw my eye", "they distract me"). People manage to overcome and not throw every putt into the band. Same can be done with bright colored shirts.

Now if the problem is that they're popping into your field of vision and you have to step back from a shot...how is that different than someone in a black or brown or dark blue or green shirt popping into your field of vision unexpectedly? It's more the motion that catches your eye than the color. Once it's there, though, you adjust and move on.

So, anyone have a good link to some chartreuse drifits? I usually wear blue, grey or red, but I'm willing to open my mind to some new colors now.

Same. I usually wear blue, grey, or black but I think it is now time to add some highlighter-colored drifits to my dg wardrobe.

Just ordered this awesome new shirt from UB discs to go along with my new Tasty Proculs.

Edit: thanks Brad!

Attachments

• 9ee864_62cdee462b2301a1b25c833817b944cd.png_srz_320_400_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.png
    9ee864_62cdee462b2301a1b25c833817b944cd.png_srz_320_400_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 8
I'm not very good, so I use every advantage I can while on the course. I usually wear a dayglow shirt, shorts and hat. Sometimes I go with bright pink shorts but they seem to attract the wrong kind of attention.

I also wear these colors to combat on course insects and wild animals. I have yet to test its effectiveness against poison ivy or global warming but it seems to ward of any and all females.

To answer part 1: They aren't affecting me. I step off of my putt, and I wait until the distraction is gone, then I step up - and I make my putt. Period. If I fail to step off of my putt and re-set, then its my own damn fault. I agree with that much.

But to answer part 2: No. I will not "get over it." I will argue my point until my face turns blue. Those colors have one purpose, and one purpose only: to scream "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME I'M WEARING BRIGHT COLORS! NOTICE ME!" - There is a reason that those colors are used by road workers: Because your eye is designed to be drawn to those bright flashy colors! They are made with the 100% intended purpose of drawing the eye to them.

If you're wearing those colors to a disc golf tournament you are being selfish and discourteous. End of story. The colors aren't making me play worse, because I'm perfectly fine with taking my time and getting off of my putt until the distraction is gone. I miss my shots, that is my own problem. I keep my focus on me during the round.

But the fact that people are dumb, conceited, or rude enough to wear these colors to a disc golf tournament is ridiculous. And the people defending them clearly aren't interested in common courtesy. This isn't an issue of me complaining about someone's style. The colors are designed to draw the eye. Why on EARTH would you wear them to play in a disc golf tournament? Give me one good reason to wear a dayglo color in a tournament besides "because I like the color" because that is NOT sufficient. End of story.

I can some up this post in two letters ME

I'm not very good, so I use every advantage I can while on the course. I usually wear a dayglow shirt, shorts and hat. Sometimes I go with bright pink shorts but they seem to attract the wrong kind of attention.

I also wear these colors to combat on course insects and wild animals. I have yet to test its effectiveness against poison ivy or global warming but it seems to ward of any and all females.

This explains so much.

You ended your story twice, I'm not sure you know what End of Story means.
Pedantic. Whatever. People make typos and misuse phrases. To point it out constantly is to bog down actual conversation with inanity. This isn't a term paper.

Here is my analysis of the whole "bright color" fiasco. If you can block out something as simple as another person's shirt, you need to work on mental focus before playing tournaments.

Also, on wooded courses, it helps to know if people are still on the hole, especially if basket is not visible from the tee. Much like hunters wear in the forest, so they don't get shot. I'm not saying I disagree 100% with you, but let's be serious. Take notice of everything in your surroundings before you tee off, find your line and drown it out. End of Story. :p
My point is - I can deal with it. I think I have said that multiple times now. You step off, you refocus, you execute the shot. In that order. The fact is that it shouldn't be something you have to deal with. We're playing a golf tournament. For money or prizes. Hard earned dollars go into playing these events. The only reason to wear a shirt that is DESIGNED to draw the eye... is to try to get people to look at you. We aren't going to these events to look at these numbskulls. There are hundreds of colors and color combinations you can enjoy wearing and probably do. But all of a sudden I'm seeing entire cards of golfers (there was quite literally an entire foursome of Adv Masters this weekend) wearing these shirts.

What the hell? Look I get that there are bigger issues in disc golf. But this is a web forum. And I can complain about something I see as stupid if I want to. There's no excuse for going into a tournament ATTEMPTING to draw peoples' eyes to you.

Pedantic. Whatever. People make typos and misuse phrases. To point it out constantly is to bog down actual conversation with inanity. This isn't a term paper.

My point is - I can deal with it. I think I have said that multiple times now. You step off, you refocus, you execute the shot. In that order. The fact is that it shouldn't be something you have to deal with. We're playing a golf tournament. For money or prizes. Hard earned dollars go into playing these events. The only reason to wear a shirt that is DESIGNED to draw the eye... is to try to get people to look at you. We aren't going to these events to look at these numbskulls. There are hundreds of colors and color combinations you can enjoy wearing and probably do. But all of a sudden I'm seeing entire cards of golfers (there was quite literally an entire foursome of Adv Masters this weekend) wearing these shirts.

What the hell? Look I get that there are bigger issues in disc golf. But this is a web forum. And I can complain about something I see as stupid if I want to. There's no excuse for going into a tournament ATTEMPTING to draw peoples' eyes to you.

tumblr_lp5rtqrVDu1qaj18co1_400.jpg

If you think they're doing it only to get people's attention, your solution is to make a big deal about it and make it really obvious that they have your attention?

Have you told your sponsor to stop selling them then? I've seen more chartreuse shirts from DD than any other DG brand..

If you think they're doing it only to get people's attention, your solution is to make a big deal about it and make it really obvious that they have your attention?
To point out the fact that its selfish, and that they should be ashamed of being attention whores, as opposed to proud of how bright they can be... Yes.

Have you told your sponsor to stop selling them then? I've seen more chartreuse shirts from DD than any other DG brand..
I was complaining to them about it this weekend in person at the event I played. But I can name one company that sells more: Discraft. Though I'm not sure if its sales, or just that they're constantly handing them out to spotters at their events. I have no problem AT ALL with spotters wearing them! Spotters are out there to be seen, we have to know where they are. And on holes that need them - there is space for them to duck out of sight when we're throwing.

And if they are attention whores, they're loving how riled up you are about it and will wear them even more. If they're wearing them just because they like the color, they're going to completely ignore you. I don't tend to wear those colors, but I've never once stopped to think about the color of someone's shirt on another card hundreds of feet away at a disc golf event.

And if they are attention whores, they're loving how riled up you are about it and will wear them even more. If they're wearing them just because they like the color, they're going to completely ignore you. I don't tend to wear those colors, but I've never once stopped to think about the color of someone's shirt on another card hundreds of feet away at a disc golf event.
I could only wish I had your single-minded focus on the target and lines at hand. If I had your levels of focus, I'd probably be a far better golfer.