• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why is chartreuse the new shirt color of choice?

On a related note, at a match play tournament yesterday a guy wearing a highlighter yellow shirt steps up for his drive. He absolutely grip locks the crap out of it into the woods. Stands on the tee for a second watching the disc and then says "Well crap, my own shirt must have distracted me".

I thought it was pretty good self deprication humor but I guess it also means that the people who wear these shirts know that they can be destracting as well. Shirts of any color have never bothered me as long as they are standing still when I am putting.

A shirt? Try an entire outfit in that color, or close to it. Was at a C-Tier tourney and one of the participants was wearing an entire highlighter Yellow outfit. Matching shirt, hat, shorts and even shoes. He also had an entire bag of dayglow Yellow discs to match his outfit. But here is the cherry on top...

Someone else at the tourney had highlighter Yellow socks, about the only thing the original person was missing. By the time the tourney ended and we sat around for the awards, he had purchased the socks from the other player and was now entirely covered in highlighter yellow. Too funny.

Attachments

• Highlighter.jpg
    Highlighter.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
I don't let little distractions bother me. People talking, in my sightline while I'm throwing, putting, etc. If you just think about the drive or the putt it's not a problem. People are so overly sensitive about that stuff

Maybe some wear it just to knock the comepetition off their game.
I guarantee there are some that wouldn't have though about it before that will now... :rolleyes:

You can always ask them to stand back out of your line of sight, can't you?

Last edited:
This sounds a lot like complaints I've heard about the yellow band on Discatchers...people don't like them because the bright color draws their eye and they end up putting into the band instead of the chains. Just the silliest excuse-making I've ever heard.

i love bright colors and have worn them for years. bums me out that they are back in trend again, and now people think i am being trendy. son please, i never stopped wearing these colors from the late 80s early 90s. And i dont plan to after the fad has ended. actually i need to find me a new bright pink polo. :)

My buddy Ian shoots some disc golf tournament videos (SquirrelParty) and get's really annoyed when people wear bright 'highlighter colors' like Yellow and Orange.

Really messes with the colors on video.

The OP belongs in the pet peeve thread.

Also WTF is chartreuse? No man should know anymore than 10 colors. Black, white, red, blue, green, yellow, orange, purple, pink, and brown.

Read a book, you chauvinist. :p