• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why some holes suck...blame the chucker

I think you could still have at least 1 pretty good hole there along with 1 filler. I just think you need something there because if alot of disc golfers have to walk by an empty field on their way to the next hole even 970 rated players would be tempted to unload their bag.

Not trying to hate on you opti, just trying to give constructive feedback. Keep up the good work and I hope you are getting more people out on work days then I have had out lately. putting in collars by yourself takes like 4x longer then if you had just one more person.....

Not trying to hate on you opti, just trying to give constructive feedback. Keep up the good work and I hope you are getting more people out on work days then I have had out lately. putting in collars by yourself takes like 4x longer then if you had just one more person.....

No hate felt...and yes it is amazing how much more can get done with an extra set of hands.....whats ironic is less gets done with an extra set of minds and design by committee...:)

I say let them throw into the properties but have attack dogs waiting for them when they go to retrieve their disc. Or you could even hire some kid with a paintball gun that jumps out of a man hole and shoots anyone who crosses the boundaries. Just what I would do. Sounds like an awesome hole either way.

I know what a mando is! It's a type of ornamental grass. Ophiopogon japonicus aka monkey grass.
:p

I don't care about your rating brother Dave. I care about the course not being pulled. I'm building the course for the locals here and not dgcoursereview.
The property is a floodplain that links the existing 9 to an unused piece of land where 7 holes have been cut and designed.
It's funny because without the houses present I wouldve built 2 signature holes but safety and chucked ignorance are too much RISK for the actual REWARD. Thus we get the 2 filler holes.

Well, you don't have to be a dick about it.

It looks like one ****ing house in the picture, have you even asked the people that live there what they think, instead of taking your omniscient view? Maybe they'd be cool with it, maybe you can sell them on it for some discs and free lessons or a 12 pack a brews or whatever. Geez, if you don't care what dgcoursereview thinks, maybe you should just keep this to your locals and have a circle jerk lamenting the fact that chuckers forced you to be creative with hole design.

Bro D u took that too hard. Text often gets things twisted. I still love u and your welcome in our homeboy circle jerks when u swing through.
My point was that the course is being designed as a par 54 and in a small town so sustainability with minimal issues is the goal. In this region we actually have a shortage of quality par 54 courses. We have too many par 60 and above and very few short courses one could play on a daily basis.

If I am making my way through your neck of the woods could you let me know if you and bro d are in any sort of a circle so I can avoid?

But have you even bothered to ask those neighbors about your intentions? They might be tickled pink to be involved with the design process or at least made to feel important.

(Sorry, I'm sick so my good humor filter is out of wack right now)

But have you even bothered to ask those neighbors about your intentions? They might be tickled pink to be involved with the design process or at least made to feel important.

(Sorry, I'm sick so my good humor filter is out of wack right now)

Yes I spoke to most of the neighbors. Some are happy go lucky and seem laid back. But I've also had 2 call the police on me for being suspicious. I guess wandering around for hours visualizing fairways would seem suspicious. Even though these people are somewhT accomodating doesn't mean they will welcome people throwing onto their property. They have dogs so I'm also fearful of disc dog conflicts. I'm just trying to keep this area simple and conflict free. If I could ensure everyone was responsible I wouldn't sweat it but I'm a realist. Sacrificing a couple signature hole. For the survival of the course is my goal.

'round these parts 90% of the chuckers throw 150 ft RHFH n00b hyzers, but the houses would still get hit every once in awhile.

'round these parts 90% of the chuckers throw 150 ft RHFH n00b hyzers, but the houses would still get hit every once in awhile.

That is pathetic. Around here most forehand chuckers can get at least 200 feet, maybe 250 on a good throw. The problem is that there are several holes that actually accomodate that kind of throw, so now they think they are kings of the world.

Then again, catering to those who throw the course most often does keep discs out of the neighbor's yard.

There is this one hole at Sunnyside (New Hope, MN), Hole 2 that is a long hole, but is narrow because the street is on the left and the neighbor's property is on the right. A chucker has no problem staying in the fairway because it is just wide enough and a forehand is initially throwing away from the properties. However, since this strip of land actually is two fairways, Hole 2 heading one direction and Hole 8 heading back toward the parking lot, the tee box is situated in the corner and a rhbh player needs to basically throw to the other corner, toward the property line if they want to stay out of the street. I believe the hole is 450 feet with a slight elevation rise. I still have to give it my all and there has been an occassion where something has flipped up and or turned over on me. Sadly I have hit a garage or two out there. Once or twice I have turned something over so badly that they have made bee lines for Hole 8's tee box. A rhfh player would never get close to these kind of shots.

I have also parked it a few times, which in itself is kind of dangerous because a rhbh fade does have to skirt near Hole 3's tee box.

made up my mind tonight...these holes will be short/simple and safe....with the difficulty derived from the greens and not the drives

I don't even want the neighbors to realize we are there

made up my mind tonight...these holes will be short/simple and safe....with the difficulty derived from the greens and not the drives

sounds like a good call. err on the side of not "teeing" off the neighbors and you should be good to go. keep up the good work!

Sounds like you made the right decision. :thmbup:
Even if most of the neighbors are cool, it only takes that one person to complain to the city and mess things up for the golfers.

Good luck and post some photos once you're done! :hfive:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/media.php?id=5525&mode=media&view=hole&hole=16&page=1#

So the hole in question was hole #16....I opted to put the tee close to the pond's edge but under a low canopy. The basket is a little over 200 ft away but in front of what I think is a beauty of a green by a waterfall. It's actually all worked out as the canopy has made the shot play a lot tougher and the closeness of the pond and the finish by a fast green next to a waterfall makes for a spectacular putting scenario. I am glad I didn't ditch the hole. I have only heard of 1 group of idiots who threw from the sidewalk and risked the property lines. I wanna slap them but what can u do. So far so good and I am glad I didn't sacrifice the waterfall green due to chucker madness.

If anyone can blow these pics I'd appreciate it I cannot ever figure that out TIA

13e783df.jpg

9a04e544.jpg

55ae6b2e.jpg

Latest posts