• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why some holes suck...blame the chucker

13e783df.jpg

9a04e544.jpg

55ae6b2e.jpg

Thank You :)

That looks like a lot of fun. Good risk reward.

When you play, do you go for the park job or play it safe and land a bit further away. I can see wet discs being very easy on the drive.

It's fun for a shortie...the safer you layup the scarier the putt....the scarier the drive the easier the putt. I typically try to throw a mid and try to land within 10m and putt with the waterfall providing me some serenity...lol

How close is the water in relation to where the hill drops behind the basket.

And I think you did a pretty good job with the land given. its a nice hole.

working on a few new holes now.....unfortunately I have to take the idiot factor into account

picture a sliver of land 500 ft area long between 2 streets I have decided to settle on placing the basket directly equidistant at the 250 ft mark from both streets and try to make a challenging green instead of a 330 foot hole with a picturesque finish at a waterfall and pond......why?
Because idiot players will make up their own tee and play 500 feet from an elevated concrete sidewalk and most likely hyzer into the properties that border the land.

Am I paranoid...no...I walked over 5 people through the area and almost all of them commented "oh man wouldnt it be fun to launch from up here"....even though I think these guys could make the shot its the knuckleheads who cant do it I gotta plan for.....so this is why u often get those why didnt they do more here holes with the long walk past the amazing waterfalls that should be a green :(

This exact same thing happened to me! Hole 16 at Bailey Road Park, could have been an awesome hole 350' raised teepad off a retention pond area...but it would have thrown over a walking path and then be bordered by the same path all along the left (HYZER!!) side. I knew recs would throw when people were walking so i had to make a more blah tee way away from that area. People have worn out the grass throwing there anyway. They threw over the park director's head one day as he was jogging. Fun times! Especially when you are trying to add 4 more holes. "We have extra holes, can't we just close that one? It isn't safe." Jerks!

This exact same thing happened to me! Hole 16 at Bailey Road Park, could have been an awesome hole 350' raised teepad off a retention pond area...but it would have thrown over a walking path and then be bordered by the same path all along the left (HYZER!!) side. I knew recs would throw when people were walking so i had to make a more blah tee way away from that area. People have worn out the grass throwing there anyway. They threw over the park director's head one day as he was jogging. Fun times! Especially when you are trying to add 4 more holes. "We have extra holes, can't we just close that one? It isn't safe." Jerks!

yep The problem with disc golf is indeed the disc golfers :hfive:

Latest posts