• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wii Disc Golf Game

First, I don't think anyone besides very young children think they're learning guitar from games like Guitar Hero. In general, people have a pretty good distinction between playing video games and the equivalent real life activity. (However, the more recent games, like Rock Band and Guitar Hero: World Tour, which include a drum kit, do come a little closer to letting you experience whether or not you have much innate rhythm. You can learn a little something from it, and even some "real" drummers practice with it.)
Being a "real" drummer for 15 years, i can safely say that NO "real" drummers practice with a silly plastic video game drumset... In fact, i've yet to come across any practice pad or electronic drum kit that feels close to playing an actual drumset.

Just play the life game. People get so obsessed with video games and we end up wasting our time.

Go outside - get some sun. If its dark/bad weather... go outside and battle the elements. Life is too short to stare at a screen and wish you were playing DG when you have the power to go out and do it.

JMO.

Second That !! :cool:

to cc0049 and tiggertooth id like to say thankyou for explaining why you think im wrong or why you think im an ass with something to back up your arguement, instead of being childish like the other two before you and just be insulting without any substence you give me reason to think there are still people that understand the art of debate . and heres some extra punktuation for the period police .,;:'"/[]'..,..

LOL look in the mirror...you were the one that made a childish insult for no reason...why do i need to back up saying that someone is being an ass because they fired off their yapper in an insulting manner because someone didn't agree with them...

One thing I think the game will be good for is the handicapped who can't walk a course. We can all agree, most courses are not set up for wheelchairs.
I wouldn't mind playing it myself on a rainey day.

Being a "real" drummer for 15 years, i can safely say that NO "real" drummers practice with a silly plastic video game drumset... In fact, i've yet to come across any practice pad or electronic drum kit that feels close to playing an actual drumset.

I'm not a real drummer so I can't argue the point. But there are professional drummers that have said in print magazines and interviews that they play Rock Band's drum kit. So I was just paraphrasing their comments. But in any case, nothing beats the real thing, so I don't think these games are going to be seen as true replacements.

And to Omega_Supersloth--thanks for the extra punctuation! :)

I'm still waiting for Disc Golf on the Atari 2600. They could re-release California Games.

california_games_08.gif

Last edited:
I'm not a real drummer so I can't argue the point. But there are professional drummers that have said in print magazines and interviews that they play Rock Band's drum kit. So I was just paraphrasing their comments. But in any case, nothing beats the real thing, so I don't think these games are going to be seen as true replacements.
I'm thinking that they say that because they're PAID to say it(i.e. Metallica has a Guitar Hero version so Lars says he plays it). The plastic construction of the Rock Band "drumset" would not hold up to much true practicing from an adult. My brother 2 kids(girls 9 & 11yrs old) got one this past Xmas and its already broken.

So whats the point in arguing if video games are pointless or not? Yea, it's not cool to sit inside on a sunny day and play disc golf on the wii when you can be throwing, but what about those horrendous windy rainy days where you haven't got anything to do. Yes, its not really discing, but it could be fun.
CaptainAnhyzer... as for your drumset comment, play Roland V-Drums and then try to say electronic kits cant be practiced on like real kits. Yea, they aren't the same, but they are getting really close (these things have triggers everywhere), they just cost a fortune.
When it comes around to it, playing videogames or electronics arent the same as actually playing the sport or instrument and probably wont make you better at it (except the VDrums) but they are fun and something to do when you cant go out to the course.

If it's raining and windy...go play! You'll have the advantage next time it is raining and windy when you play in a tournament.

Hah, yea I guess, but I just play for fun and it's no fun to play when you're hands are numb and your feet are soaking wet. If you are that hardcore, more power to you. Michigan springs are more like half spring half winter, it can get pretty gnarly one day and be sunny and warm the next.

CaptainAnhyzer... as for your drumset comment, play Roland V-Drums and then try to say electronic kits cant be practiced on like real kits. Yea, they aren't the same, but they are getting really close (these things have triggers everywhere), they just cost a fortune.

I didn't say that electronic drums couldn't be practiced on like real drums. I said toy Rock Band drums can't hold up to the beating like real drums(and my young nieces proved it by breaking the bass drum pedal within 3 months). I agree some hi end e-kits are close and the reproduced sounds are nearly the same, but as far as feel, the pads are only good and the cymbal pads aren't even close to realistic feel.

REMEMBER, it's just my opinion and if your opinion is different that's cool too......... ;)

what is the disc golf game for the DS?

my kids have DS's, i'll have to check out the DG game.

"Original Frisbee Disc Sports: Ultimate and Golf" I found it new at BJ's for 14.99, and I saw it at Target, and Toys R Us. I also found it on ebay under "disc golf" for $0.01. Oh well.
It's a fun game, but only has one course and is hard to use the stylus on. If you do use the stylus, I recommend getting a screen protector, or have marks going up your screen from trying to throw the disc.

I have two little ones and can't get out to the course, or even outside enough, so I will welcome the WII game and buy it on the first day of release. Maybe in a couple of years when the kids are older, I will put down the WII remote forever, and go play everyday with the kids. My 5 year old already has his own discs, but gets bored after a couple of holes and hates walking the course (it is over a mile when you think about it)

I have two little ones and can't get out to the course, or even outside enough, so I will welcome the WII game and buy it on the first day of release. Maybe in a couple of years when the kids are older, I will put down the WII remote forever, and go play everyday with the kids. My 5 year old already has his own discs, but gets bored after a couple of holes and hates walking the course (it is over a mile when you think about it)

Hopefully it won't take more than a couple of years for you but my eight year old still gets bored after a few holes. My 11 year old however loves to play.

Maybe we could play Nintendo Lesbian Tennis:

2-1.jpg

The bottom player has no clothes. Do you think this game is on the Wii or Xbox? I was thinking about picking it up for a gift.

I also heard Lesbian DG comes out spring of 2056.

so ... . . . . .does anybody want to talk about the actual game coming out? Do we know anything else about it?

Latest posts