• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Will this weekend change the face of disc golf?

Ricky's out.

Apparently lavonne Wolfe is starting a new company with 5-10 discs coming out on Jan 1.

abcd said:
Apparently lavonne Wolfe is starting a new company with 5-10 discs coming out on Jan 1.

If this is the case...not much of a game changer in my opinion. The thing that sticks out to me is the age range that seems to be jumping ship to the mystery company(Prodigy?). Seems as though loyalty has taken a backseat so to speak for the younger crowd.

Yes it's dgcr but this guy seems to know what's going on

lion;1739777 said:
Hear is the truth, god people have been mentioning it throughout with little hints. Half Of these pros are all moving to one company. The company will be a new disc company that will be out January 1st and will Debut 6-10 new discs at one time. I think the name has been mentioned 5-6 times in this thread and at least once by me. Same company that was exposé to come out at the beginning of this year, but delayed to double there release of discs. I hear most players were offered a percentage of the company to come along or was it sales.

Pretty sure Paige and catrina are going here and about 2-3 other top women turned them down.

Leopard said:
"Jan 1" ... I hope they call a goddamn retailer sometime soon.

- big changes!
- carry 10 models next week?
- areufuckingkiddingme.
Lol...on the one hand, I'm sure our "Jan 1" really means they plan to launch after the first of the year. On the other hand, January is 11 days away and you would think if they had their shit together they would have called Disc Nation by now. Sponsoring a whole herd of "pros" sounds like a good way to spend a lot of money. They are going to need to sell a crapload of discs and merch to make money. You would hope that they have spent more time figuring out how to make money.

Unless this turns out to have some sort of corporate backing, I don't see how it "changes" anything. I keep thinking it must have some backing because it seemed to get Innova's attention. Without backing I don't see why they would have cared. There has to be more to this company than just Lavonne Wolfe blowing his life savings.

Working Stiff said:
There has to be more to this company than just Lavonne Wolfe blowing his life savings.

This made me laugh for some reason, guy blows life savings on company that is going to break the "lets give our pros a trunk full of discs instead of money" model.
I find it interesting to see people leaving Innova who are not going to this "new" company.

chainsmoker said:
Working Stiff said:
There has to be more to this company than just Lavonne Wolfe blowing his life savings.

This made me laugh for some reason, guy blows life savings on company that is going to break the "lets give our pros a trunk full of discs instead of money" model.
I find it interesting to see people leaving Innova who are not going to this "new" company.

Maybe they're hopeful? If they show they're not "tied" to Innova the new company might consider them.

Some of the people "leaving Innova" and perhaps Discraft may not have been re-signed and are just announcing they are making the change.

Chuck Kennedy said:
Some of the people "leaving Innova" and perhaps Discraft may not have been re-signed and are just announcing they are making the change.
I agree, I meant to put the word leaving in quotes.

Chuck Kennedy said:

i would be surprised if they'd let ricky, will and paul all walk but I don't know the behind the scenes action.

abcd said:
i would be surprised if they'd let ricky, will and paul all walk but I don't know the behind the scenes action.

They have no choice but to accept the decisions of their top sponsored players. No chance in hell they would step up and match whatever is being offered. Maybe another box of discs, but that ain't gonna stop anyone from leaving.

A seemingly reliable source reported to me that a new company submitted 4 discs for PDGA Approval and are awaiting the Board's acceptance. All 4 discs are drivers and all have the same rim width. Announcement of the new discs is being held until the new year.

Mark Ellis said:
A seemingly reliable source reported to me that a new company submitted 4 discs for PDGA Approval and are awaiting the Board's acceptance. All 4 discs are drivers and all have the same rim width. Announcement of the new discs is being held until the new year.

Oh and the names given to these discs are as simple (basic, uninspired?) as you can imagine. Maybe they are temporary names?

Mark Ellis said:
Mark Ellis said:

Oh and the names given to these discs are as simple (basic, uninspired?) as you can imagine. Maybe they are temporary names?

Like golf club names? Letter+Number? Or something similar to Lightning's disc names?