• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Win 2012 Innova Calendar

Website Launch Contest http://www.mountaindiscgolf.com

Go to our new website and go to links page. From there you can access or Facebook page and "Like Us" to enter. Two winners will be chosen from all recieved by December 12th. Each winner recieves a 2012 Innova Disc Calendar in time for Christmas and the new year.

Check out the Aspen and Pine Baskets we have built on our Flickr link on the Our Baskets page. Feel free to comment on our site, currently in construction or on our baskets (new 2012 Pine Baskets under construction also).

Looking for ideas on what Mountain Disc Golf means to you. What would you like to see on MtnDiscGolf.com and those interested in partnering, linking or helping with getting more exposure to mountain disc golf on the internet.

Enter our FaceBook Contest http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mountain-Disc-Golf/118534014923138

Great Baskets, Ive seen these before but they had hanging bamboo as chains. Hope you do well with these.:thmbup:

In the shop working on the 2012 line of Pine Baskets, can't wait to them ready for putting. No bamboo on these babies, just good old chains!

Paulie @ Phantom Falls here - I have the 1st aspen basket built by Mark, it has been in play every day for 3+ years, and it is in GREAT shape. The baskets are high quality, gorgeous, and they catch GREAT. Thank you to Mark for your support of Phantom Falls DGC and the CO disc golf community!! You can see a couple samples of these AWESOME baskets @ Phantom Falls DGC. I plan to have one (or more) for sale in the Phantom Falls Pro-Shop. I hope you sell a ton of them Mark! P22OUT

2012 Pine Basket

The 2012 model of The Pine Basket finally took shape this weekend. All thats left is to sand it, stain it, chain it and test putt on the new chain design. Here's a picture of it in the shop.
photostream

Mark, I've played on your aspen basket at PF. It is beautiful and adds a fun, unique look to the game. I wish you all the luck selling your baskets! I hope people appreciate the handcrafted care you'll put into them. :)

Thanks guys. Can't wait to get the chains on this one. I think she's gonna catch great. Putt date 11/12/11 and soon to be featured at Phantom Falls for all to play on. Don't forget to check us out on the web at http://www.mountaindiscgolf.com

Attachments

• 2012 Pine Basket in shop.jpg
    2012 Pine Basket in shop.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 24
As for my thoughts on what Mountain Disc Golf would mean to me, or how it could improve, here goes. Take my opinions with a grain of salt, but I was a graphic design and art major and think what you're doing is really cool :) :
*I'd like to see the great photos you have on Flickr posted to your site so I don't have to link away externally. The ones that show the baskets with beautiful backdrops, the different angles that allow you to see the construction of them, and the photos of the process in the shop are what people probably want to see.

*The background image on your site is a great photo, but it takes a while to load (I'd suggest downsizing it - have a web-savvy graphic design buddy do it) and it makes it a bit hard to read the links and text over top of it.

*I really like the personalization you can do by placing signs atop the baskets and putting lettering into the log stump base, like the one for the CO States at Bailey. I would play up the aspect of personalizing baskets for use as signature holes on tournament courses, championships, private courses, etc, because that is a really strong selling point.

*I'd also like to see some quotes/testimonials from basket owners, such as Paulie, the designers of Bailey, etc on the site somewhere - they'd look good on a sidebar if possible.

*Lastly, it would be pretty neat to see links to each course that has one of your baskets in use under the "On The Course" section.

Hope this helps and keep up the creativity and innovation, man!

2012 Pine Basket

The new 2012 model Pine Basket is complete and looking for a home! She catches great and is built to sustain whatever weather this winter throws at her. For now she sits on hole #7 on The Hill, a 130 foot ace run hole through a maze of aspen trees. Took 104 throws to get my first Cubby Ace on her this weekend -with a TeeBird of course.

Attachments

• pine basket 12.jpg
    pine basket 12.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 11
Last Day to Register

Sunday is the last day to register to win one of two Innova Calendars for 2012. Go to http://mountaindiscgolf.com and like us on our Facebook link and your registered for the drawing.

Presently working on our first log carved mini basket all out of one 3 foot by 15 inch Ponderosa log....pics to follow...................disc on

Are these pdga approved? Only asking because I intend to hold many tournaments on the course I'm working on and while I'd like to have these beauties on the course, ill go with Dga baskets if these arent. Lemme know.

Latest posts