• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Winter apparel

TxDiscGolfBoy

* Ace Member *
Silver level trusted reviewer
Anyone know where I can find some good disc golf winter apparel at a good price? Hoodies, beanies, gloves? Looked around on email and such and couldn't find any decent hoodies.

Preferebaly disc golf associated apparel (Innova, Discraft, etc)

I do not know if you will find it there, but what I really like to have during winter rounds is my hand muff. It is like the one you see football player's wear. I take one of those heating bags that become warm once you open the package, stuff it into the muff around a microfiber towel, and when I am not throwing I put my right hand into the muff, grab the towel to dry my hand and warm it up. Works great because I do not have to fumble putting on and taking off a glove on my throwing hand. I will wear one of those thick winter gloves on my other hand as it is responsible for picking up discs and lifting the bag.

What I usually wear in the late fall months is simply a heavy long sleeve tee shirt and a fleece vest. The vest will keep your core warm while leaving your arms unrestricted.

And I picked up a few of these last year when Kmart had them for $1.50 each. Keeps the ears warm while allowing all the excess heat to go through your head. Not really great for playing in a group though as it makes it hard to hear the other people.

4880350.jpg

i rock a sleeveless shirt with a hoodie, knit hat and scarf, glove on my off hand, shorts and sweatpants. that of course only if it is less the 20 degrees out

. The vest will keep your core warm while leaving your arms unrestricted.

2nd. I have an active job and at work as in disc golf a vest is great.

A light nylon shirt, covered by a sweat shirt and a vest works well in the winter too.

Mind you, we're in Texas. Doesn't get cold enough here to really have to layer up like the guys do up North. I'd say a long sleeve shirt and hoodie will generally get you through the winter. However, I do like the hand muff idea mentioned above.

Mind you, we're in Texas. Doesn't get cold enough here to really have to layer up like the guys do up North. I'd say a long sleeve shirt and hoodie will generally get you through the winter. However, I do like the hand muff idea mentioned above.

Haha....I was in a tourny yesterday and had more clothes on than that

dry fit long sleeve, dry fit short sleeve, microfibre sweater, LJs, Long shorts, 2 pairs socks, toque, mitts near the end plus a hoodie for when the wind picked up

You want to get microfiber dry fit gear for cold weather....gets the sweat away from the body

Mind you, we're in Texas. Doesn't get cold enough here to really have to layer up like the guys do up North.

Not entirely true. Did you forget about the foot of snow we had last year? But I do agree that it's not nearly as bad as Northerners have it. It'll bounce from 30 to 60 degrees throughout the winter.

www.rei.com

if you join the co-op for a $20 lifetime membership, you get a super simple return/exchange policy along with 2% or 3% on everything you buy. i love to get my disc golf shoes here just in case

I live in Southwest Ohio, so I'm going to need to stock up on some more cold weather gear so I can play through out the year. I HATE snow, so I don't see myself playing in any of the local ice-bowls though.