• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Winter DG Shoes

I went to a military surplus store and bought some boots. Vibram soles with goretex lining for $60 and they are awesome.

Gaiters are essential fo sho. My Patagonia pants have them built in, thankfully.. :3. For more hardcore conditions I may want a separate piece, but they work just fine all-around.

I will preface this with: I have great circulation in my feet.

That being said, I dont like big clunky boots when I play. I use Salomon XRMission1's which are a trail running shoe that has been very water resistant. I wear these with wool socks and am good to go! Last weeked it was -14 when we teed off and they were great!

I have been using these Asolo hiking boots for the past 4-5 years for DG in winter and muddy conditions...
Asolo-Fugitive-GTX-257x300.jpg

This season, they are finally starting to show signs of wear and tear. FWIW, I typically wear gaiters along with them to ensure my feet stay dry while on the course.

^ Asolos have been my go to for the last 7 years or so, I would wear them all day every day for work/play including like 800 rounds of disc golf a year and 1-200 miles of backpacking a year, I was going through a pair per year. That got too expensive for me, last week I purchased a pair of Vasque wasatch at the redwing outlet with an additional discout, more support for my broken foot, wider to support my newly shaped/bigger foot, so far so good, we'll see how they work.

^ Asolos have been my go to for the last 7 years or so, I would wear them all day every day for work/play including like 800 rounds of disc golf a year and 1-200 miles of backpacking a year, I was going through a pair per year. That got too expensive for me, last week I purchased a pair of Vasque wasatch at the redwing outlet with an additional discout, more support for my broken foot, wider to support my newly shaped/bigger foot, so far so good, we'll see how they work.

Hope the foot is all healed up now.

I figured my Asolos have lasted longer than most because I only use them for winter DG.

Vasque is a good option as well. I don't remember exactly which version I had, but I used one of their low-rise hiking shoes in the summer months...super comfortable and the gore-tex/waterproofing held up well with a little nikwax assistance.

Latest posts