• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Wizard Throwers, Help!

I like my ace run sss wizards. They feel way better then the normal sss wizards for some reason.they feel Almost like the eraser plastic

I personally throw the Chalky wizards, but I think the SS Wizard is a great starting point. Usually they are a little firm with some give. Like others have stated, Gateway is wildly inconsistent with their plastic stiffness. However, if you call them they are awesome to help you out. I really would like to try some of their grape eraser Wizards myself.

Yeah I prefer glow too.

Gateway may be 'inconsistent,' but each Wizard is still great! I prefer stiff ones, but if you like floppy, they make great floppy ones too.

...a velvety feel.

Perfect! I have a pair of SSS that I will want to replace some day. This is the perfect descriptor. I imagined the conversation going something like:

Hey, I wanna get 5 SSS's that feel the same as the ones I have.

"How do the ones you have feel?"

Umm. ..good?

"Could you be more descriptive?"

...Really good.

But you gotta feel 'em up. They vary a lot which is annoying, but it also means there's a Wizard for everyone. I found a pair of SSS that feel great for putting, and I like the grittier feeling S for approaches and drives.

I just added an RFF for impact reduction on really wooded approaches and hill-side landings/roll-away minimization. I've used it once so far... it bounced off a tree and rolled down a hill. :|

closet to jk would be RFF, just dont get a white one, they are way too floppy

They're so floppy I literally MADE 6 finger dimples on top like a frigin ching disc by repeatedly folding it completely in half. Sweet glorious floppyness...

Personally I like the normal soft wizards best for throwing. They just seem to best off the tee in my opinion a little straighter than the glows but I feel like that handle power a little better but that is just my opinion

This question might be answered better by an email to Gateway directly. You can get any feel and firmness in the Sure Grip plastic (Medium/Soft/SS/SSS/RFF) so it's best for you to decide what you want.

If you want a JK-style feel and firmness, I would suggest a softer SS with a velvety feel.

:clap::clap::clap:

We're still talking about discs, right? Floppy, firm, stiff, velvety feel... this thread's gonna get landfilled. :p

Last edited:

Latest posts