• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Won my first tourny today!!!!

unknown2no1

Par Member
Hawk Hollow AM - Intermediate division 1st place

This was my first win in a sanctioned event and am pretty stoked about it. Was in 5th after the first round and made up 5 strokes on the leader to take it after the 2nd rd. Threw six strokes better in my 2nd rd than the first and probably my highest rated rd yet.

Lets hear some stories about first wins or best finishes, where and when? Any crazy comebacks?

Congrats! My first win actually came yesterday at a tournament in kennedy park. It was my first tournament. And there were no crazy comebacks just pure domination.

uh oh...did he beat you?
No we were on the same team...but we were playing against only two other teams. We played well and all but there was a kid that was 9 on one of the other teams. And when we get our asses handed to us its going to be a different story.

a916eebd350aaa719425691ec5c62f91_0.jpg

Hawk Hollow AM - Intermediate division 1st place

This was my first win in a sanctioned event and am pretty stoked about it. Was in 5th after the first round and made up 5 strokes on the leader to take it after the 2nd rd. Threw six strokes better in my 2nd rd than the first and probably my highest rated rd yet.

Lets hear some stories about first wins or best finishes, where and when? Any crazy comebacks?

good going josh! i'll get the results up on the pdga board some time today. my guess is your second round will rate out around 965.

Hawk Hollow is a great place to get your first win. Winning a tourney is a great feeling, that is why so many people don't want to move up divisions and start losing a gain. In all three of my Advanced wins this year I don't even feel like I played well and I lost tournaments where I think I played awesome.

Thanks John, great event you put on out there, look forward to playing there again sometime.

gratz on the win!

i've never played a tourney, my first competition will be next week, ... and i am SO not gunna win.

i looked up the people i'm throwing against, then looked up what they score at my local courses... i'm basically losing before i start, but i'll have fun anyway

maybe one day i'll take a 1st in rec or something

does rec every pay out to winners? not that i plan on winning any time soon

Depends on the TD, every event I have played it did but some do trophy only though I think they are supposed to state that clearly.

I won my first tourney this year. Non sanctioned but sweet cause it was against a bunch of guys I know and typically get beat by. Winning is fun . . .

gratz on the win!

i've never played a tourney, my first competition will be next week, ... and i am SO not gunna win.

i looked up the people i'm throwing against, then looked up what they score at my local courses... i'm basically losing before i start, but i'll have fun anyway

maybe one day i'll take a 1st in rec or something

does rec every pay out to winners? not that i plan on winning any time soon

Last event, and most that I've been to, pay out merchant credit to a handful of top placers- last event paid top 7 in rec/am3. There were like 20 in the division.

Good luck.
You vs. the course- not you vs. others, helps me.

We had FOUR first time winners in a fundraiser tourney this past weekend. For three of the winners, it was their FIRST tournament !!

Mike Nadeau in MA2, Tina Daniels in FW2, Tracy Allen in MA3 and PJ Harmer in MA4.

Latest posts