• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

woodgrain technique

codus1984

Eagle Member
going to try a new technique...wood grain i know i've metioned this before but tonight shall beith the trial!!!! super stoked!! I'm not sure how this will appeal to the rest of you but i think it will be awesome...posting pics when avaiable......until then......sit back and wait:popcorn:

:popcorn: I hope we get to see this regardless of the final outcome. Will be nice to learn how it was created

alright guys......i have the dye on the disc.....waiting for the 24hr soak to end... you will see pics....good or bad...and my technique will be revealed!....i love that you guys are so interested for the final outcome!

.i love that you guys are so interested for the final outcome!

Watching people try new and crazy techniques is always a joy. Whether it works of fails spectacularly. :) It all adds to the toolbox of dyeing.

alright guys drumroll.........FAIL.....haha pics coming up sometime tonight....my technique was borrowed from the autobody industry.....take layers of cheesecloth...like 4-6 layers....stretch over disc..put it on a plate deep enough to hold the disc inside....and then i mixed some liquid dark brown (the only brown i currently have) and some shaving cream into a thick liquid mix...put it in a regular dollar store spray bottle and sprayed it on the cheesecloth....defintely works for autobody..not for disc dyeing...:wall:

I'd think it'd take on the pro. you need to find someone to sacrifice a couple-few champs to experiment with it on though...:hfive:

Still stoked for the pics!

or stars... like he^^^^ said

ah....ok well then i don't feel completely let down...i will go grab a star this weekend and give er another try!! i don't give up too easy.....anyone else try this technique i'd love to see it work!!! as far as this rhyno....anyone looking for a rhyno?! hahahaha i may also try a cut tree...rings and all....and do a cocoa brown quick dip for base color then hand paint with dark brown rings...would be awesome....

here's what it looks like disc dye 7.jpg after hearing all this makes me believe that it was the plastic...i wouldn't generally post my fails...but you guys showed so much interest...still dissapointed but hey....:sick:

Here is the brighter side of what you call a fail:
1) you tried something new, and learned something from it
2)your disc doesn't look too bad, and is still usable for another dye if you want
3)you entertained us

thanks for sharing

thank dsplay....i can't wait to try again...i want others to try too!! i still have faith in this technique...and this rhyno is def getting wood rings....

dude i have never ever thrown a rhyno!! haha coincidence i even own this....i could only do a trade...no paypal or that bs hahaha ???

no prob enzy...i would love to see someone try this technique...i'm not sure if the shaving cream is the way to go with the spray mixture....maybe try some detergent...eh..may produce too many bubbles out of the sprayer....anyone please attempt this process...i've dopped over 80$ in plastic lately need to wait a bit before buying more

Latest posts