• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

Found an anomalous echo* Wraith recently. By anomalous I mean this thing is SUPER domey. It doesn't really look like any other Wraith I've seen. It bombs. Has some high speed turn, but is stable enough to not crash and burn.

Not sure if I've ever thrown a Wraith that goes as far or glides as well as this one. Massive bomber.

Valkyries have always been my max distance disc of choice for many years now. Recently i have clean up my form a bit and have gain some extra distance. So for the hell of it i took a 168 Pro Wraith out for a spin today WOW! Is far from being a meat-hook it used to be for me. Released with a little Hyzer it flips to flat then a forward fade. Flat release nice turn good fade. I would like to buy a slightly more OS one. If i can't hand pick one with a higher PLH locally should i just order a heavy Pro or a lighter or same weight Star?

I don't have any experience with Star because Pro and Champ are what I use.

My overstable Pros are a little domey. My most OS Pro is 167g. This is what I use for my OS Wraith if there isn't any danger of hitting trees. Champs get used where OS shots have the possibility of tree strikes, rocky landings, or other things that could damage Pro plastic.

I have heard that Stars tend to be more OS than Pro so you should be safe with a same weight Star. Champ is almost always more OS than Pro.

Thanks for the info, going to be looking for a mid 160's domey pro for the open and low 160's flatter star for the wooded courses. If i can't find them local would DGC hand pick them if i called to order? I have never asked any online dealer to check dome/PLH before.

Yeah, Wade @ DGC hand picked some PLH/dome discs for me. But this was a few years ago when they were a smaller operation.

The closest I've come recently is asking the random DGC guy who answered the phone to pick out some flat DX Rhynos. I think that is easier than describing PLH and dome. Let us know if you choose that route and they do it for you!

Found an anomalous echo* Wraith recently. By anomalous I mean this thing is SUPER domey. It doesn't really look like any other Wraith I've seen. It bombs. Has some high speed turn, but is stable enough to not crash and burn.

Not sure if I've ever thrown a Wraith that goes as far or glides as well as this one. Massive bomber.

I have a first run or really early echo that is super done too.

I picked up a used E* wraith a few years ago and same story - bit of a dome, but it absolutely bombs. Good amount of turn without making it "flippy" as such, and enough stability that it will recover from flex lines without just dumping out.

Crushed it about 450-500' the other day on a hole that typically hates me. It just went dead straight the entire way.

Valkyries have always been my max distance disc of choice for many years now. Recently i have clean up my form a bit and have gain some extra distance. So for the hell of it i took a 168 Pro Wraith out for a spin today WOW! Is far from being a meat-hook it used to be for me. Released with a little Hyzer it flips to flat then a forward fade. Flat release nice turn good fade. I would like to buy a slightly more OS one. If i can't hand pick one with a higher PLH locally should i just order a heavy Pro or a lighter or same weight Star?

I've found pretty solid consistency in star wraiths. I like them 165-170. For my distances with them (360-375) they start fairly OS but workable. Put some beat on them and they are very reliable bombers that will finish. The stars will start more OS than your pro and wear in more slowly.

After playing for one year I just threw my longest drive yet with a slightly beat star wraith. I actually turned it over a little into a slight headwind and it flew 360'. A little right of the basket but beat my previous best by 25'. Now I just gotta replicate it....

Trying out wraiths to take over my distance driver slot from my photons. I picked up a seasoned pro for turnover/hyzer flip and a 166 echo for straight shots. Thinking a max weight star to round it out. What are everyone's favorite 3 wraith stability combos?

I use a Pro wraith for wide open distance drives. EcoStar for straight to turn over. (Seasoned in already for that). Gstar for a tight hyzerflip and a star for more straight to hyzer finish. Wraiths are sneaky long in my book

Trying out wraiths to take over my distance driver slot from my photons. I picked up a seasoned pro for turnover/hyzer flip and a 166 echo for straight shots. Thinking a max weight star to round it out. What are everyone's favorite 3 wraith stability combos?

I liked star and old of pro. I would carry 4-6 in different stabilities to cover all lines. Ocasinally I'd grab a glow champ for headwinds, or possibly a teerex

That sounds like a pretty good set to cover most shots.
I have various options that I can cycle in/out for my 3 primary slots:

OS (Zero HST, Consistent Fade, Headwinds, Steep Downhill, fast Flex lines) 170-175g
+Typically Star, although I think Champ can work well but without as much grip.
+Bottom Stamp Star seem to always fit this slot, especially when new.
+Otherwise, anything with high PLH. I tend to lean towards domier ones; they get more D but still just as OS.
+(Have also been toying with S-line DD, which is a little extreme on the OS side, especially when new. Has the Wraith bottom, so very similar feel in the hand.)

Stable (Max Straight-to-Fade Distance, Slight S-Curve into a Headwind or Downhill, slow Flex lines) 168-172g
+Currently loving a beat pre-Kenny Star. High PLH, Flat on top, and pretty well beat.
+In the past have had success with medium-seasoned EchoStar.
+This is the toughest one. Need something that seasons into the perfect line-drive bomber...and stays there. On average I lose a stable Wraith per year, and it's always a heart breaker.

US (Hyzer-Flip Bombs, Big S-Curves, Tailwinds, Uphill) 165-170g
+Can be Star or Echo, but either way has to be seasoned nicely. Echo gets there faster.
+Has to be pop-top and low PLH.
+Could probably use Pro in this slot, but I've found it to be too touchy in the past. Might re-visit at some point.

This is just what works for me. I've been stockpiling Wraiths for a few years now, and have spent some field time just figuring out what Wraiths will work for what lines.

Thanks! Got out to the course for half a round before it started raining and I'm already in love with my new 166 echo!

That being said here is my plan for my wraiths:

175 Bottom stamp star wraith with high plh. Already have one picked out at my local shop, just wanted to see how the echo flew.

The 166 echo is the perfect straight bomber for me now. Bit of turn already and very mild fade. Just a nice tight S.

For my understable option I've been using a beat pro wraith but as said above, it's pretty touchy. It'll burn a. It too much if I try to turn it over or lay into it but I have trouble dialing in the amount of hyzer I have to put on it to get a big turn that'll come back. Ideally I can get the 166 echo beat and get a fresh echo to take its place.

I use a Pro wraith for wide open distance drives. EcoStar for straight to turn over. (Seasoned in already for that). Gstar for a tight hyzerflip and a star for more straight to hyzer finish. Wraiths are sneaky long in my book

picked up a max weight echo star a few weeks ago and it throws like a beat wraith right out of the box, which i don't hate really, but i'd prefer it were a little more stable.

Latest posts