• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wysocki leaves Prodigy

One more BIG name will convert.

I'm going to guess it's GG, since Ricky, Nikko, Sarah and GG currently list their profession as "Works at disc golf" on FB while the rest of Team Prodigy state they are a part of Prodigy.

(picked this up on the Prodigy Collector page where speculation is rampant. Did not fact check which is why it's a guess.)

Doesn't Will have a major ownership stake in Prodigy? So wouldn't that mean he'd be negotiating a raise with himself?

What's major ownership? I've never heard that but I guess it could be true. I'm just wondering why the speculation was %2 on the others and he is a major share holder. Where would a guy his age get that capital to invest?

I'm wondering what happens to the rest of the player's shares. Surely it's in the contract they signed that they only get to keep the shares while under contract. Or at least prodigy has the right to buy out their share when they leave. Not that them losing a bunch of players is the end of their business but I'm sure it'll take a hit and most of the players leaving might be happy to unload that share.

Personally I don't care who plays for who. All of them are good enough to play with any line of discs but I'm sure it's hard to switch. Maybe Ricky never felt truly comfortable with his prodigy bag. I think the dollars is what counts and Lat64 showed him the money.

I wonder what trilogy disc Ricky will bag for his famous big distance forehand driver?
and his putter fh approach.

With part 1 of the Aussie Open video out people can get a rough idea what Ricky had in his bag.

I've been watching it trying to sneak a peek, but haven't gotten anything definitive yet. He has a yellow opto/lucid disc that he's using for most of his forehand shots and the clearest shot I got of it, it looked like one of DDs stamps on it, but I couldn't make out the name. The rest of the discs are really hard to see in the footage.

I've been watching it trying to sneak a peek, but haven't gotten anything definitive yet. He has a yellow opto/lucid disc that he's using for most of his forehand shots and the clearest shot I got of it, it looked like one of DDs stamps on it, but I couldn't make out the name. The rest of the discs are really hard to see in the footage.

There was a blue one he used on the short island forehand, as well as something that was Gold Line/TP that he threw on one of the backhand holes (before it split into the two different fairways).

Will has an ownership stake in Prodigy; this is verified by his Smashboxx TV interview where Terry Miller asked about it in relations with the Par 2 events Prodigy is running.

I can see Ricky putting and throwing with the Shield and having somewhat a similar bag to McCray.

In the SpinTV Aussie Open vid, looks like Ricky's using a lot of Prodigy discs with Trilogy stamps.

In the SpinTV Aussie Open vid, looks like Ricky's using a lot of Prodigy discs with Trilogy stamps.

I disagree. The plastic looks different between the two companies and every disc he used (outside of putters) clearly looked opto/lucid or GL/fusion to me. I also don't think Lat would let him slap their stamp on prodigy plastic.

I will say, though, that I got a couple of clear looks at his putters. He had a pink and a white one. The white one clearly had a prodigy stamp on it. Couldn't tell with the pink one. By the look of it, he was using an entirely trilogy bag except for his putters.

Will has an ownership stake in Prodigy; this is verified by his Smashboxx TV interview where Terry Miller asked about it in relations with the Par 2 events Prodigy is running.

I can see Ricky putting and throwing with the Shield and having somewhat a similar bag to McCray.

The shield is pretty close the the PA1, though, and Ricky really didn't like the PA1 for putting. That's why he used Aviars throughout the start of last season. I don't think it's the flight, but the lack of bead that was messing with him. I'd expect him to switch to a Judge or Dagger

It's pretty much always about the money.

...which I think is significantly understandable when you're devoting your life to a profession in which even the best in the world make at best a middling income. You have to do whatever you can to ensure the financial support necessary to continue putting the hundreds of hours a year in that these guys and gals do.

illK6U.gif

IDk, from watching the video you could easily see some DD stamped discs but not too much else. He was still throing the same purple prodigy driver he has been throwing for a while. That color is kinda unique to prodigy. But its tough to see a lot of the stamps. But with the switch he is given a grace period to switch over so I wouldnt doubt if he was throwing a really mixed bag.

IDk, from watching the video you could easily see some DD stamped discs but not too much else. He was still throing the same purple prodigy driver he has been throwing for a while. That color is kinda unique to prodigy. But its tough to see a lot of the stamps. But with the switch he is given a grace period to switch over so I wouldnt doubt if he was throwing a really mixed bag.

That pearly purple color is mostly seen on prodigy, i agree. I do have an opto stiletto that is very very similar in color though. He could be throwing those.

Imo, his fast drivers will be easiest to convert, he seems to throw a lot of OS stuff, only thing that would be super hard for fast drivers to replace would be X1.