• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

XD

Technohic

* Ace Member *
I really wish I could search for "XD" on here. lol

Anyway. What can people tell me about them as putters. I see they are low profile, but how do they perform putting or driving?

They seem to look a little like a Summit on the rim with maybe a slightly sharper angle for the bottom of it?

Just curious is all as it is one of a few putters I've never tried.

most people i see with them use them as approach discs. havent seen many putt with them.

Slight tangent: if you're trying to search for something that's < 4 characters, do a google search:

xd site:dgcoursereview.com

You can't get as detailed as you can with the advanced search, but at least you'll be able to get some hits for shorter words.

/tangent

allintitle: xd site:dgcoursereview.com/forums should work even better, since it'll only search in the post topic.

I own and XD putter it is a pretty good disc. You asked if it was similar to the summit, not really in my opinion, it is more low-profile. More like a Mid-range disc. Very similar to a cross between the Innova Cobra and Stingray. I got mine for 8 buck from discgolfcenter and it has held up very well.

I just switched from XDs to Magnets. I love the XD, but I found that the Magnet sticks to the chains better, and has similar flight characteristics. I can get the XD to fly a littler farther, but not by much.

The original thought in buying it was that it would feel similar to my zones, and compliment them. In contrast, the XD feels a little flimsy, and less meaty than a zone in your hand.

I love XD's but just got a very flat Vibram Summit that seems to have filled that spot for me. The profile of the disc is very similar to the XD. What initially drew me to this putter is the driver like profile, which provides a more familiar grip.

i use them for drives/approaches..i prefer a nice flat cfr rpro..champs are domey and seem more understable to me..dx is great if u can find a nice flat one..very straight laser beam kind of shot r what i like to use them for..they dont seem to glide much at least not compared to my wizards.

I have stubby fingers, and I putted with an XD based on a recommendation from an Open Pro woman who told me a lot of women with small hands putted with them. I liked the clean release I got from them, but the glide kills you if you miss. I had a lot of long comebacks and really didn't feel like I could run at any basket that had danger behind it.

Having said that, It's a super easy disc to throw. It's an excellent approach disc, long-range putter and it's good for a short to medium turnover off the tee. It's not great in the wind, but not a lot of touch discs are.

I just switched from XDs to Magnets. I love the XD, but I found that the Magnet sticks to the chains better, and has similar flight characteristics. I can get the XD to fly a littler farther, but not by much.

The original thought in buying it was that it would feel similar to my zones, and compliment them. In contrast, the XD feels a little flimsy, and less meaty than a zone in your hand.

Are Magnets much deeper?

I've been an XD thrower for more than 20 years. Great for a long turnover putt...you know the ones that you might now always go for but you just feel you can hit it.

I kept an old 'Bullet' XD in the bag for years...it now rests at the bottom of a pond at BRP.

DX XDs are the best. I did not like the feeling of the R-Pro and they were too floppy. Glo-Champ were not as straight or glidey as the DX original. At this time, I use a Fuse instead of the XD. It flies straight or right, depending on what I give it, and has even more glide. Great for low power technical shots. If you can find a "chains" or old XD; the plastic is soo much better than the current mix.

DX XDs are the best. I did not like the feeling of the R-Pro and they were too floppy. Glo-Champ were not as straight or glidey as the DX original. At this time, I use a Fuse instead of the XD. It flies straight or right, depending on what I give it, and has even more glide. Great for low power technical shots. If you can find a "chains" or old XD; the plastic is soo much better than the current mix.

This is right on. IMO the R-Pro and new DX are crap. The old ones are awesome. That being said I am trying to make the switch to a Spike because it is much easier to replace.

Check out my full review on DiscDevil

I also love the old stamps so I am going to take this opportunity to show off a few of my prize XD's
P1020351.jpg

DSC01575.jpg

DSC01574.jpg

Well that sucks. One thing I was looking at the XD for is it seems easy to replace. lol Not the case if production runs aren't up to snuff I guess.

Well that sucks. One thing I was looking at the XD for is it seems easy to replace. lol Not the case if production runs aren't up to snuff I guess.

I just don't like the R-Pro plastic in general but if you have tried it and like it the XD would be great for you in that plastic. The one R-Pro that I had was supper floppy (too floppy) if you can find a stiffer R-Pro I bet it would be great.

Or try the Spike. I am really likeing it and it has sort of replaced my XD (I will always carry one in the bag though) The flight of the Spike out of the box is just a bit more stable but throw a few rollers with it and it will beat in fast.

Also I just hate all DX and R-Pro plastic in its current formula. The old stuff was so much better for all disc's not just the XD. Innova really pisses me off sometimes....

Spike would give you Gripline and Zeroline options. One for putting and one for approaches and drives. Gripline is decent once you wear the newness off of it. It gets more grippy and very nice as it ages. I've got aPure that has just reached Gripline perfection.

Latest posts