• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

YAY!! I've FINALLY GOT DARK DYES!!!

More by Macklin:
1186239027_0bae681e4a_m.jpg

Star Aviar
1166755449_3a2a46e9e2_m.jpg

His roller disc
1152201018_078f3017b2.jpg

Mid-range
This guy does some awesome work

Fritz said:
stormcsut said:
Weeding out all the vinyl in his face and ears was a bitch...

I do all mine by hand so I'd gladly switch to a vinyl machine. save my neck and fingers lol.
those razor pens aren't exactly comfortable. :lol:
You have a bigger picture of the dye job?

Here you go. I meant to make it bigger the first time but that image hosting website sucks...

disc1.jpg

That Yoda disc is badass! Nice work everyone, now I'm kind of getting an itch to try dying discs. I found this thread while looking online. Lots of nice dye jobs and information on dying techniques. Unfortunately looks like the thread goes downhill towards the end.

http://www.odsa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3776

Yes it did go bad, real bad. All to often a few of these folks get into a flame battle and take over a thread. As one of the old guys I pm the involved parties and ask nice that they take it else where. I even started a flame thread just for them. I get so sick of that crap. So if you go to that thread just skip pages 60-65.

Love the Yoda disc I do, done well it was

100_0343.jpg

If I take this disc and block off part of the green image and try dying two sections red and yellow will the dye effect how the black looks at all?

No, but your red and yellow won't show up over that green. Yellow only works on white discs. The red will just look all brown on a green disc.

twmccoy said:
No, but your red and yellow won't show up over that green. Yellow only works on white discs. The red will just look all brown on a green disc.

Alright, thanks. :)

Worked on a Led Zeppelin dye for a buddy. I had to do it in patches, and it bled thru in a buncha spots. Came out with a cool lookin cracklin design.
Im going to go ahead and taper off the symbols, and layer other random shapes on it again, and redye it so that it'll make some new bleedmarks and it'll be part of the design.

Zeppelindye2.sized.jpg

reworked it to add some more of the crackle 'marble' kinda design, and I f*cking LOVE IT
zeppdone.sized.jpg

I might add that marble look to other discs.
The random cracks really pull your eyes away from the imperfections in the dye job too. Love it y0!
Brought it to my friend tonight, and he was completely stoked. Gave me total creative freedom, and said he had no clue it would come out like that . He's already got more stuff he wants me to do.
WOOOOOTT!

lol. Nice work :)
Dont feel bad, my first stuff was like.. BLAH
Each disc you do, you learn something major until you learn what not to do on the next one. It's a fast learning curve that doesn't take long to get the hang of. Your creativity is what holds you back. At least it does for me

AciDBatH666 said:
lol. Nice work :)
Dont feel bad, my first stuff was like.. BLAH
Each disc you do, you learn something major until you learn what not to do on the next one. It's a fast learning curve that doesn't take long to get the hang of. Your creativity is what holds you back. At least it does for me

Think about how smart I'll look when the Pack goes 16-0 :p (or 2-14 :wink: )

This was my first time mixing colors for a tye dye effect. I did the green symbol and goal post with hot water and and the rest with isoprpyl alcohol. The iso was cleaner, easier and saved dye.

Few more things ive done lately.
Ive picked up some new stuff to do more dye work lately.
Some water tight containers, an extra pan to start boiling my dyes so I dont have to deal with double bagging dye water in ziplock bags and having em leak.

Heres a couple. My buddy that wanted the Dark Side of the Moon dye, asked for a Hammer dye and just told me to do whatever I wanted.
So I went with a Wall type of theme, and threw Pink Floyd in the mix.

m_e71fa2c703c4be7478949560bf1f4a27.jpg

l_9e80fe548cc78b8ab8942829a602878d.jpg

l_5d665c73db3c09600a68306a0c435de0.jpg

and some other stuff I managed to do.
Buddy of mine works for The Green Room, a nice pool hall. I made this with the intent of him hangin it in his bar, but once I told him it was one of his old discs that he never took back, he said "thats mine? Oh snap, I guess I'll put it back in the bag"
greenroom2for1_myspace.jpg

l_d536ac118d16b22de2d021cace50d319.jpg

Latest posts