• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Yo! Mid Atlantic, Anybody get a round in before the BLIZZARD of 2010?

Ok, now I feel as stupid as always. What is a "yat"?
Yat is a unique collection of dialects of English spoken in New Orleans, Louisiana. The term also refers to those people who speak with a Yat accent. The name comes from the common use amongst said people of the greeting, "Where y'at?" (Where you at?), which is a way of asking, "How are you?"

"Who dat? Who dat? Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints? Who dat? Who dat?"

I used to wear a schwegmans bag, with the two eye holes and beer stained pie hole when they were the Aints. Saw Tom Dempsey kick the 63 yarder in Tulane stadium when I was 11. Didn't see it go throught the uprights because everyone in front of me stood up and I was too short to see over their shoulders (even though I was standing on the wooden bleacher)

Looks like we got about 6 to 8 more inches since I posted the other photo. Birdfeeder is still visible from the basement but the bird baths are disappearing.
birdfeeder.jpg

Yat is a unique collection of dialects of English spoken in New Orleans, Louisiana. The term also refers to those people who speak with a Yat accent. The name comes from the common use amongst said people of the greeting, "Where y'at?" (Where you at?), which is a way of asking, "How are you?"

"Who dat? Who dat? Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints? Who dat? Who dat?"

I used to wear a schwegmans bag, with the two eye holes and beer stained pie hole when they were the Aints. Saw Tom Dempsey kick the 63 yarder in Tulane stadium when I was 11. Didn't see it go throught the uprights because everyone in front of me stood up and I was too short to see over their shoulders (even though I was standing on the wooden bleacher)

I'd never heard that term before. It's cool to know, thanks. Seeing a record like that being set is cool, too.

Posted these in the Cool Pics thread too since it's an enduring classic. Anyway, here are a couple more pics from today at around 4:00 after the sky turned the most awesome shade of perfectly clear blue after over 24+ hours of snow. I love the other snow pics Timber and G Bud. Anyone else have any cool ones?

picture.php

picture.php

This thread motivated me. I had no chance to get out before the storm so I decided that I wasn't going to let it stop me. I went outside and played for about an hour. It was awesome. I would have stayed out longer if I didn't think that I was going to lose a toe. :doh:

Played about 12 holes, repeating 5 different holes on the front 9 of my home Dixie Lee DGC a couple times. It was a blast. My main disc bag was buried under about 16" of snow in my car so I just used a spare glow Aviar, even though it was white. I put an 8" glow stick on top and a 3' red ribbon on bottom. The only trouble I had finding the disc was when I got distracted taking pictures & forgot exactly where it landed. Otherwise, I had no problems finding the disc. Finding good footing was interesting at times. I had to play from some weird stances and lies. I'll definitely be back out at it tomorrow.

Here are some pics. Plus there are a couple more in my album here http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/album.php?albumid=618 that show the perspective of how deep the snow is, etc. that I didn't post.

picture.php

picture.php

add these here

I wish I could get out there to help, but I am snowed in just 10-15 miles away

The area you are seeing is the playground at my complex. This area was protected between 2 large buildings, yet the bench is still buried. Snow is over thigh deep in most areas. There is over a foot of snow underneath those walking paths.

Attachments

• 0207001234.jpg
    0207001234.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
The Natural Next Question.....

......... Who will be the lucky SOB to actually get a round in first after the BLIZZARD of 2010? :\ It's a beautiful sunny Sunday. :) Anybody get a round in yet? :popcorn:

i played today but we didnt get much snow and most of it was melted

I'm really skitzing out from cabin fever, here. And more snow is coming tomorrow night.

If there's no snow in Virginia Beach, i may drive down this weekend for a round or two.

I thought it was just bruised. We are snowed in in DC and in a state of emergency, so I can not get to my car, so I just walked 2 miles to the grocery store and 2 miles back (with 40lbs of groceries on my back)
When I got home I took off my boot and saw it was really broken, but I can not get to the hospital...plus it's a toe, the hospital won't do anything except maybe give me some pain pills that would make Apothecary jealous.

Latest posts