• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You know it's too hot to throw discs when...

Georgia. :|

I gotta feel like the immediate southeast has it the worse here,the west has the heat,but we have the heat and the ridiculous humidity. :(

Agreed. When I was at IDGC it was 100+ degrees and almost unplayable for me coming from 50 degrees and cloudy Seattle. Over here we have no idea what humidity really is.

I'll take my 65 and cloudy in July over what you have.

Agreed. When I was at IDGC it was 100+ degrees and almost unplayable for me coming from 50 degrees and cloudy Seattle. Over here we have no idea what humidity really is.

Yeah,I live about four hours southwest of IDGC,enjoyed the courses,but honestly,i've played about 12 new courses this summer and it just makes them so much more difficult to enjoy in the ridiculous heat.

One of my major goals over the next couple years is to move to a more friendly climate.

And also,to the Florida statement,I think it really depends,florida has a lot of coast,so at least you might get some wind there,but if you're in the middle,yeah that would blow.

Aren't you glad you don't live in Florida? :hfive:
No. I just checked the temperature and its 25 degrees cooler down there, and raining.

As for here in BFE, the mercury hit 111ºF here today. When the thermometer on my car read 113, I thought something was wrong with it. (Guess what, the thermometer is fine).

Glad I got a round in before leaving KC this morning when it was a chilly 92.

Its pretty hot and sticky here in Southeast Texas. Its been hard to get out in play in this heat, but I am doing it. Going though a lot of water and gatorade during every round.

I was doing some field practice yesterday, and I ducked into the library next door for a few minutes just to cool off.

Georgia. :|

I gotta feel like the immediate southeast has it the worse here,the west has the heat,but we have the heat and the ridiculous humidity. :(

Believe it or not we actually get a ton of humidity as well. Though I'll be you have us beat by a few degrees heatwise.

No. I just checked the temperature and its 25 degrees cooler down there, and raining.

As for here in BFE, the mercury hit 111ºF here today. When the thermometer on my car read 113, I thought something was wrong with it. (Guess what, the thermometer is fine).

Glad I got a round in before leaving KC this morning when it was a chilly 92.

I can relate,playing disc golf for me right now is just like picking my poison.

I can go in the morning when it's probably 85-90,but the humidity and dew are ridiculous,by the time I get to 18 i'm completely drenched and my shirt has changed colors.

obviously the afternoon is out of the question,so i end up waiting till around 7 pm to tee off,still end up drenched,but at least its only like 94 with not as bad humidity. :)

Curse you and your super weather!! :D

I am not jealous of Seattle's weather.

Or their "Best" Coffee.

Just....letting you know.

When you are about to tee off and you stop because you can hear someone peeing around you only to turn around and see the guy ringing out his sweat soaked shirt

When you are about to tee off and you stop because you can hear someone peeing around you only to turn around and see the guy ringing out his sweat soaked shirt

Damn!
icon_eek.gif

So you admit to trying to check out men while they are urinating.

Interesting.

I am not jealous of Seattle's weather.

Or their "Best" Coffee.

Just....letting you know.

Nor should you be. I don't even drink coffee. :|

Dunno if my first thought would be "someone's peeing at me" but that's pretty good either way

wow i guess we're all kids at heart! We jumped all over that pee joke didn't we!:p

it was brutal today during league with the heat. 95+ with the humidity. everyone was soaked afterwards, most were struggling to even grip their shots