• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You "lost" me at hello

To those of you that just can't seem to get rid of your monarchs and grooves, I would gladly take them off your hands. I'll even do it for no charge.:D

To those of you that just can't seem to get rid of your monarchs and grooves, I would gladly take them off your hands. I'll even do it for no charge.:D

Yeah, I love my Monarchs, Grooves, not so much. My First run champ looks pretty on the wall but that's it.

I don't know if it's the disc or it's the new condition...but I can't get my Champion Surge SS to do *squat* (well I can't, but I can only PUTT with it WTF!?) Mike (firefinger on here) has one of the yin-yang dyed champ surge ss' and I played a hole with it at Naples and I had my best run of it ever (I tossed it as a drive for fun, had my best drive EVER on that hole, tossed it like a mid...hit metal, walked around and sank the putt)

Next time I was at a shop that sold Discraft (Sonny's Deli) I picked up my own (different dye) and that thing is just NOT the same disc.

I think I need to break (it's spirit) it in a little. Thus the putting, more chain hits etc.

But I'm not getting rid of it... I figure that even if a disc doesn't do what I mean for it to do...there will be a time when I WANT a disc that does what that disc does on its own.

For example my Innova starter set came with the standard dx leopard...that disc sucked ass for me, what I later discovered is that even though I can't make the damn thing go straight at all, I can use it's meathook powers for good!

Unfortunately it's got a gouge out of the side now which makes it a bit more meathook like...and you just CAN'T get a good anny shot out of it anymore...but you can *try* to anny it and it will just turn to the right FOREVER.

So now if something's far away and to the right...I toss that. If it's close and far left, I toss that. If it's over water and I don't want to lose a disc that is in good shape, I throw that.

\/\/

I hated the Viking the first time I threw it, but thankfully a local pro told me to stick with it. Love that disc now, need to get a champ. I didn't like the Roc the first few throws either, now I have 12.

Didn't like the 150g dx Aviar on the first throw, still don't. My dog loves it though.

Gateway Blurr. Have two to trade if anyone is interested.

Latest posts