• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Your best disc "discovery" of 2016.

Is the PD pretty seasoned? I have gotten in the business of buying molds that I can get stock backups of...I don't seem to have the time or patience to season discs any more. I'm hoping that I can use CD2s in lieu of old run beat S PDs
I have an orange C-PD that isn't a 3rd run. It had less fade than my 3rd runs the day I bought it (not sure which run it is but it isn't opaque like 3rd runs). Definitely like a longer Teebird when new. After a year & a few months of abuse its gained some turn but still finishes a little left of center (RHBH). Like a shorter Destroyer that flies according to its numbers with a little less fade. It's great, I use it for hyzer flips a lot. The. C-Line CD2 flies just like it at a little lesser power. I have no experience with S-PDs. The C-CD2 is like a slightly faster Eagle that flies like its flight numbers. Though I only have one CD2 to reference. It has just a small dome, closer to flat then domey.

Jawbreaker Challengers. This is coming from putting with a disc with no glide for a long time, Ringers, to a slightly deeper rimmed, but still shallow Mercy. Felt I was putting harder than I needed, liked the look of the Jawbreaker plastic, and gave the Chally a try. Perfect amount of glide for my snap/spin putt.

Not stiff like the stack of Zero Hard Mercy's I will be shelving (love that plastic though...), but my putting accuracy is way up. The regular D and the CT have the same glide as a McPro Avair, which for my nose up style of putting float up too much. The Jawbreaker plastic is dropping just right for me. And they really catch. I've had plenty of bad putts that have caught just a single outside chain, and still folded in.

Wizard. Gateway putters in general, actually. My rff Wizard I use for putting is exactly what I want in a putter. I also really like Magics for approaches and short drives. The Wiz/Magic combo is now my go to putt & approach setup in my bag.

I traded for a C-Line CD2 a few weeks ago. I'd never thrown one before that. It's definitely a good mold. I won't make my bag because it overlaps with my Teebirds & PDs. It very similar to my seasoned C-PD that has some turn (though my seasoned PD needs a little more power to fly like the CD2 does at less power). It's a very underrated mold IMO. I never see anyone throwing a CD2 out on the course. It definitely should get some more love than its currently getting.

I have used beat PDs in the past but they definitely take more power to fly similar to the CD2 and I feel that beat discs tend to be less consistent. Got out and threw the CD2 more yesterday and it is definitely a sniper. Full power it flies incredibly straight and has a slight hyzer finish. Definitely a disc I have been looking for!

MVP Relay. For whatever reason, either my weak arm or bad form or just being stupid, I never threw many hyzer flips until I got a Relay. At first I didn't even like the disc cause I was trying to throw it flatter which was a little inconsistent for me but wow, once I found out how easy, far, and consistent it flies on a hyzer flip shot for me it was awesome. Definitely improved my game.

TP Destiny. May not suit everyone but if you are old like me or have a weak arm this disc is pure gold. So controllable.

Must add the wizard in special blend plastic just feels so good.

And the longbowman, for a driver it comes off the hand as good or better than anything to date. And I have had quite a few of those two disc shots were they are just literally a foot or two apart, meaning very consistent molds.

Latest posts