• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your best wind disc?

Into the wind I will currently throw a star Starfire or my champ Banshee for drives, downwind I go with the Monarch or pro SL. For mid purposes I use a Q-Sentinel.

For my "weenie arm" I found that my Orion LF goes well for a head wind
for a tail wind the monarch works well
for mid, either a gator or pig depending upon the distance
My putter I'll use my Omega SS or my soft Ryno, that's the one time that my blowfly will stay in my bag

I throw horrible in the wind. But I have found more success by throwing heavier discs. I normally throw 167g or so, but if it's windy I have some 175's that fly better. Or if it's an awesome tail wind I have a 147g teebird and a 150g Valk that sail for days.

I use a Star Orc 175... its goes nice and straight for me into heavy headwinds out to 300.

this might not work for all players or big arms. My friends use a pred

the Max does well into the wind... backhand or forehand, not the most distance but accuracy is generally what I'm looking for when its windy..

For me, it depends on how I want it to curve and my throwing style. Below are my choices for overstable and understable discs.
Thumber/Tomahawk - 175 Star Monster
RHBH Overstable - 175 Champion Boss
RHBH Understable - 175 - Champion Roadrunner (Lost this disc the other day at McDade ugh)

Just started but i try to use my archangel 167g downwind and my valk 150g into. Hey marty i was raised in Greenville! Small world i guess.

I use a Champion XCaliber...but...you have to keep it low. I've had mine turn 90 degrees to the right (RHBH) into a 30-40MPH headwind and go about 400' into the middle of an eight lane divided highway.

i took my teerex to the beach last weekend. it musta beend like 80mph headwind and it was hilarious to watch it flip right into the ground. the wind was blowing so hard it would make the disc roll for like 100 feet after it landed :D

i took my teerex to the beach last weekend. it musta beend like 80mph headwind and it was hilarious to watch it flip right into the ground. the wind was blowing so hard it would make the disc roll for like 100 feet after it landed :D

I'm just jealous you were at the beach without me. :eek:

I love my Tee Rex into the wind, I can still get about 250 with a 15 mph headwind.
For the mid range and can usually just throw a Roc, but if it is really bad then I throw my Cro
For putts I don't have a wind putter, if the Aviar P&A isn't working for me with the wind, then I putt with the Cro.

Latest posts