• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your best wind disc?

I was playing Begg Park in Springfield, MI and there were 25mph or so winds and I left my surges, XLs, buzzz's and sidewinders in the truck. Made sure I had my Discraft Flick 175g, my Drones and my Challengers and it was all good in the neighborhood.

My beat DX Roadrunner is my go to distance driver into a headwind.

For mid it's a tossup between my black PDGA stamped Stratus or the trusty Optimizer.

And when I need precision putting in a strong wind it's time to break out the 150 Polecat.

You use these INTO a headwind, or with a tailwind? I can't think of three worse discs to throw into one...

You use these INTO a headwind, or with a tailwind? I can't think of three worse discs to throw into one...
Read a few more of sidewinding's posts and you'll figure it out. ;)

Sure as hell don't throw a Breeze if there is anything remotely resembling one.

I threw in a Destroyer into a strong headwind on Satuday when a storm was coming in, and I was shocked at how well it did.

I usually wait for my tailwind to pass before throwing...:p

I have been known to add a little tailwind to some of my buddies drives and putts..... man, the timing is crucial :D

I threw in a Destroyer into a strong headwind on Satuday when a storm was coming in, and I was shocked at how well it did.
If you're used to throwing a Wraith into a headwind and thinking it does well, then it stands to reason that you'd be shocked at how well a Destroyer does. Try an XCal or a TeeRex and you might be double shocked. ;)

T-Rex....T-Bird. The Rex is a bit zippier into a head wind and likes to float right a little, but it still comes back and will stay low. The T -Bird isn't as quick and likes to hop once or twice on air bounces, but holds the line pretty well while gaining altitude....predicatable fade at the finish. Kinda depends on the shot you envision or the shot thats required.

Tee Birds are neat and I am just learning them.

I'm in the group that normally throws a light Valkyrie for my main driver. So into the wind my heavy Wraith and FL work best for me. The contrast between these two and the Vals is amazing. With a little more experience, and improved technique, I'll continue to move towards more stable discs to help in the wind.

I cant believe you throw that into wind.... I tried once and it flew wayyyy right

LOL I can't believe it either, I think I need to look elsewhere for an understable into the wind disc. One because I lost it and two because now I have an empty slot in my bag. Spring Valley DG Shop here I come.

I like my Destroyer in the wind. On really windy days I'll use my star Max as a mid range - it doesn't cut through enough to use it for drives but it's steady enough to use for shorter throws.

LOL I can't believe it either, I think I need to look elsewhere for an understable into the wind disc. One because I lost it and two because now I have an empty slot in my bag. Spring Valley DG Shop here I come.

Your power level is a little more than mine. I have seen you throw, and I would suggest a DX Destroyer for throwing into the wind.

Latest posts