• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your biggest fear.

cfair

* Ace Member *
So we all have a disc we have become very attatched to or some other equipment related thing we're afraid of and I'd like to know what yours are or what you think of my fear.

My fear is slowly becoming that I really love the KC Aviar and Medium Wizard I picked up recently. I'm coming to find that I love BB putters (ridge, wizard, aviar, ringer, ect) and the Wizard and KC are standing out the most of the ones I'm trying. I really do like my ridges but doing more comparisons with the standard most popular putters they conceal OAT worse than anything I've ever come across. Putting it has been nice but I feel like they all perform about the same. Now my fear is that I'll like the Wiz or Aviar and have to shuffle through the Innova and Gateway messes in order to find ones that I like to throw/stock up on...

I don't want to have to deal with Gateway's production mess and I don't want to have to deal with Innova's 8x, 10x, 11x barstamp specifics stuff... *sigh* out to test.

I can't find Magics that feel very good, or those first run purple Z Nukes anymore. I am not looking forward to running out of my very limited supply.

I fear running out of old skool DX Gremlins. Though I rarely lose one, I break 1 per winter & an ever-growing number are working their way from the "new Gremlin" pile through the "seasoned Gremlin" pile & into the "beat-ass Gremlin" pile. (I carry one of each in my bag at any given moment.) With only 46 remaining in the "new Gremlin" pile, will I make it to my DG retirement before running out? I sure hope so.

I fear losing any of my discs, they all hold a special place in my heart. But seriously, I get pissed losing any disc. Even when it's not my own.

Missing an 8 foot putt on hole 17 and missing the cut at the Vibram Open by 1 stroke. Oh wait, already done that.... :oops: I guess it's just more of a recurring nightmare nowadays.

It used to be losing the money spot 11x Roc, but I don't really throw them any more and spent a lot of time and money getting a stock of backups that are all nicely seasoned. There is no disc in my bag that's not easily replaceable anymore, which is quite the stress reliever, haha.

My biggest fear is either showing up late or going to the wrong hole in a tournament.

cfair said:
... what you think of my fear.
Since you asked... I think you're making something out of nothing. I've used wizards for years, and have plenty of friends that have been long time throwers of either Wizards or KC Aviars. None of us have had to go to extreme measures to obtain desirable discs. Some runs may be more preferable than others but overall the more different ones you throw the more you realize they all do pretty much the same thing. Plus if you find a specific run that you get really attached to, simply follow the advice that has been stickied on the top of this forum for a couple years now, and get 10 of em. Also I'd forget about trying to get your hands on vintage runs. There is just no practical purpose to it unless you like creating headaches for yourself.

Anyway, my own fear is that Feldberg ruined my game with the classes I took this winter. I have tried to rebuild every element of my mechanics from the ground up based on his instruction, and my scores have plummeted. My putting went from somewhat reliable to WTF. The weather has been too shitty to practice so it is probably just a function of needing far more time on the practice field/putting green.

that one day I have an injury bad enough that I can't play anymore. came pretty close last winter, so now it's sort of on my mind a lot when I play - enjoy every round!

equipment wise, I don't really fear losing anything, just hope that when I buy a GRIPeq bag it will be much more comfortable than a standard quad shock equipped bag, otherwise it's a waste of money to me ;P

victorb said:
that one day I have an injury bad enough that I can't play anymore.
^^^^^^^^ This. Worrying about injuries kills the pure joy of a sport. Discs (the plastic kind, anyway) can be replaced.

TLapham said:
Missing an 8 foot putt on hole 17 and missing the cut at the Vibram Open by 1 stroke. Oh wait, already done that.... :oops: I guess it's just more of a recurring nightmare nowadays.

That basket is placed in an intentionally awkward location so I can understand this. Not quite as bad as hole 14 but still, ouch.

If I lose my Proto Glo Z Buzzz's my game is over. They are the bread and butter in my bag, and I have one that is flat, max weight that is perfectly stable, and a domey 176 that flies like an X Buzzz. These two compliment each other perfectly and if I lose one then my game goes to shit because I throw these 2 discs in my bag more than any other.

I fear that Innova/Discraft are going to debut a shittier plastic for more money and get away with it again...

veganray said:
I fear running out of old skool DX Gremlins. Though I rarely lose one, I break 1 per winter & an ever-growing number are working their way from the "new Gremlin" pile through the "seasoned Gremlin" pile & into the "beat-ass Gremlin" pile. (I carry one of each in my bag at any given moment.) With only 46 remaining in the "new Gremlin" pile, will I make it to my DG retirement before running out? I sure hope so.

Does Discmania D-Line GM work for you? It's supposed to be almost or totally replacement for the Gremlin.

I'm multiply injured for life. I hope i can keep on playing and heal better.

JR said:
veganray said:

Does Discmania D-Line GM work for you? It's supposed to be almost or totally replacement for the Gremlin.

I'm multiply injured for life. I hope i can keep on playing and heal better.
I seem to recall veganray disliked the fact that all the Discmania GMs are very domey.

A return to last years bad putting form. Long shots were really great, but I just lost the handle on my short throw mechanics and played the find a new putter game. Sure different discs forced my focus and I learned a few things, but only after months of bad score wilderness and buying lots of discs.

Otherwise, running out of my stash of ESP Wasps and Predators that back up my Zs in bad weather. They don't seem to make the ESP runs now, and it took a while to find ESP versions that are pretty darn close to my fave Zs.

My biggest fear is that they'll never make more ESP Comets, DX ADs, and Champ Gazelles that aren't glow.

Hoarders will show up and take all my plastic! :D

i throw 4 molds atm, rocs, strikers, firebirds and glow wi2ards. i think i just have too many backups since i'm scared that a disc i like might be discontinued.

Latest posts