• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Your favorite disc(s) that you DON'T bag

Putters: Ion, Voodoo, Magic, Serpent, Summit, APX/Reef, Macana, Roach, Zone...

Mids: Comet, Buzzz, QMS, Verdict, Claymore, Evidence, Core, Pain, Axis, DX bottom stamped Rancho Roc, Panther...

Drivers: Leopard, JLS, Gazelle, Cheetah, Cyclone, Sword, Destiny, DDX, xXx, Monarch, Viking...

It strikes me that I should tally all these up at some point. It would be interesting to see which were the most popular discs that people don't bag (vs. most popular discs that they do bag perhaps).

Throwing Putters:

Pure - got replaced by the Proxy
Sinus - got replaced by the Jokeri

Mids:

Kaxe - Great disc, just too much of a tweener for my full time bag

Drivers:

Orc - Other discs do the same thing, but I love Orcs
FD3 - Never kicked the firebirds out
TD - I prefer pairing PDs with Valks in this slot

I have a lot of other discs that I like to throw, but these make me second guess my bag the most

Discs I really enjoy throwing that I don't bag, in no particular order:

Discmania P2
Discmania PD2
Discraft Buzzz
Discraft Glide
Discraft Predator
Gateway Assassin
Gateway Element
Gateway Spirit
Innova Cobra
Innova Gator
Innova KC Aviar
Innova Valkyrie
Prodigy PA2
Prodigy M4
Prodigy F5

All of the discs above are great but overlap with my current bag.

Discs I really enjoy throwing that I don't bag.

That's probably the optimal wording; enjoyed!

They were favorites before my new favorite came along!

Anyway, thought of a few more after reading through the thread;

Cobra
Mako
Dart
Spike
Judge
Ferdict
Trith
Claymore
Buzzz
Meteore
Predidtor
AvengerSS
River
Stag
Beast

Most favoret discs not currently bagged.

12x Ken Climo ROC with full color Ice bowl logo 180 grams, worth around $35-$40 due to the stamp making the disc flatter topped like a 10x or 11x Ken Climo ROC. Then a 2008 South Dakota State Disc 172-173 grams, I played in the tournament. Then a Wasp limited edition Elite Z plastic from a tournament I never played though I won that disc , as well as a Wasp with a tournament I did not play in limited edition Elite X. I can't throw ROC or ROC like disc so that is why the ROC and the Wasp's are out of my bag.

last a OOP g9i Wizard 172 grams, was only for an approach shot at about 45-50 feet, so specific a distance it was not worth keeping in my bag. I now have other discs that can do that shot and more, my old Pro Shark and Star Shark both 175 grams.

Possibly an old wore out 6 time champion Juliana Korvar Valkyrie bought in 2006 only because that disc convinced me to get the rest of my Innova discs except Leopard, soon retired the disc and #2 driver (lost under water) from Lighting in Champion plastic that were made in Champion plastic. No Star plastic was out and I did not have many Discraft discs yet maybe the Wasp in Elite X I mention above that I did throw but stopped after I found I did not like how you have to power those ROC and ROC like discs to have them fly without just dropping out at end of flight when disc first lost power. Star plastic did not come out until 2008 or so.

Last edited:
Discraft Elite Z Xtreme

Meat hook from hell.

I have one in Pro D an Xtreme from the Can-Am tournament (Candiuga-Am) in 2001 given to me from an uncle who played in the tournament, he was in the tournament at Rochester and Got Paired with legend Jim Palmeri. The uncle saw Jim Palmeri then in his 60's use a OOP disc, 86 and 86 softie as an approach disc. I do NOT use the discor used it much ever besides a field test to find it is a meat hook. I was never at the tournament or anything that Pro D Xtreame dose not hold as much value to me as my other discs.

Last edited:
Putter
Hyzerbomb Tank in soft plastic, but I do tend to bag the disc once the temps get cooler!

Mid
Westside Warship, I love the glide but I already carry enough midrange with various rocs, a comet and gator.

Driver
Innova Viper, love throwing the old wide drivers but don't bag the Viper anymore because the dx plastic wears fast on wooded courses.

I have one in Pro D an Xtreme from the Can-Am tournament (Candiuga-Am) in 2001 given to me from an uncle who played in the tournament, he was in the tournament at Rochester and Got Paired with legend Jim Palmeri. The uncle saw Jim Palmeri then in his 60's use a OOP disc, 86 and 86 softie as an approach disc. I do NOT use the discor used it much ever besides a field test to find it is a meat hook. I was never at the tournament or anything that Pro D Xtreame dose not hold as much value to me as my other discs.

In Pro D huh...Kinda makes you wonder how much of a beating it would take to make it straighten out lol.

The Xtreme I have just starts turning the second it leaves your hand. I would dare a pro to get it past 300' - and I bet most would struggle to do it. It says its a driver but its so OS I used it like a mid. It flies just like I would imagine a duck would with it's left wing in a cast.

In Pro D huh...Kinda makes you wonder how much of a beating it would take to make it straighten out lol.

The Xtreme I have just starts turning the second it leaves your hand. I would dare a pro to get it past 300' - and I bet most would struggle to do it. It says its a driver but its so OS I used it like a mid. It flies just like I would imagine a duck would with it's left wing in a cast.

I thew mine a few times to relize the disc is only for hook shots something I can do with my Discraft Elite Z XL or ESP XL if I give them enough tilt. +2.5 is a bit much.

Inertia was my favorite driver for the longest time and my longest disc. It suffered from a combination of getting too beat in and me being too experimental with my bag. Right now I don't even carry anything faster than 7 speed. I will eventually get a new one though and put it back in the bag.

Honorable mention goes to the XXX, which I don't currently bag because I lost one and gave another away while trying a Resistor in its place. XXX is my favorite utility disc, but the Resistor comes in lighter weights and I am fairly cheap, so if I am going to buy a new disc it's either going to be another Envy or Proxy, or I'm buying something new to try out.

I will list my favorite discs in each main category I throw.

Distance Driver - Destroyer
Currently not bagged because of the inconsistency of the mold. Hard to beat the best ones but the bad ones are no good. Liking the D2 combined with the D1 and D4 right now.

Fairway drivers - PD and FD
Love both these molds but I feel like the undertaker splits the difference between the two very well.

Overstable Fairway - XXX
Paired with the PD and FD this disc is perfect. Very comfy for me and it ranges well. I just wish it had 20 ft more distance in it.

Stable Mid - Buzzz
Flies like an E MAC Truth, just a bit shorter, but I like the truth feel in the hand better.

Overstable Mid/Approach - Zone
Great disc, but I feel like the harp is more workable and pairs better with the majority of the set ups I carry.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I have a Fission Photon I picked up of the used rack a few months ago. Ran with it as my primary distance driver until it clipped a tree trunk and knocked a big chunk out of the overmold. I ended up getting a new G* Wraith to replace it, but I'd consider getting another Photon down the road.

Gold / orange colour Champ Ryhno 177g. Love that thing it's the disc I learned to forehand with and used it for all my tap in putts until I got an Envy.

Also the Tursas I still have a few but I just don't have the right touch for it right now. I lost a little distance/ power and it just isn't fitting in.

Last edited:
Favorite not bagged would be the Hornet in ESP.
The Sentinel in Sirius is currently in the bag.
The two are basically interchangeable for me, though. So next month I might answer Sentinel instead.

145g DX Birdie. Used it on the course a few times for ultra touch shots, before my grandson commandeered it as his own. Now it never leaves the backyard. :)

Latest posts