• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Your Favorite Mold Went OOP. What was It and What Replaced It?

Have you tried a Pulse? The Pulse might be a hair faster than a Crush, but they feel and fly pretty much the same. I thought the Pulse did everything the Crush did, but better.

Pulse is OOP too. Didn't it have an odd rim?

The Pulse was super flat and there was a tiny groove top similar to the Reptilian Disc Golf putters. Really FH dominant players liked them but others not so much. I thought they were kinda neat.

The Pulse was super flat and there was a tiny groove top similar to the Reptilian Disc Golf putters. Really FH dominant players liked them but others not so much. I thought they were kinda neat.

I wasn't aware the Pulse was OOP. I guess it could be. I don't really keep up with everything Discraft does.

I liked the Pulse. I actually bagged one for a while. Pretty nice driver. Speed 10 or 11. Fairly overstable and it reminded me a lot of a Starfire in flight. The rim on the Pulse was perfectly normal. The little groove on top of the disc didn't seem to have any discernible purpose to me. The Pulse was probably the closest thing to the Crush that Discraft made.

I recently got back into playing after a hiatus. Herniated disc put me on the sidelines for a while, plus shoulder surgery. I just learned about discmania moving production to europe. Yes , I've been out the game a bit.

So my favorites that are out of print; Discmania TD Rush, star plastic. I am down to 1 and haven't found a replacement yet. Maybe a TL ?. For me these flew straight and had great glide, were awesome as a tailwind disc when I was living at elevation, Oh and I am primarily a RHFH guy off the tee if that matters. I almost had a heart attack when I started looking at prices on these old things.

Innova Teerex, star plastic. I have 2 and a champ one as well. When I lose those I guess I'll throw champ wraiths or firebirds. I normally pair them with a seasoned destroyer. I use the destroyer for more straights shots and the teerex when I need that fade at the end.

Eagle - L but I stashed a bunch of those and when they are gone a beat in Eagle X , Prodigy F3 or Stalker work pretty good in their place for me.

Lastly, my real meathook a Lattitude 64 XXX, its a pancake flat brick that I love. I haven't found a replacement yet. I use it for skip shots, spike hyzers and getting out of really really bad spots.

Cyclones...really like that disc. The Passion is similar but I liked that you could get D, X, TP and ESP and cover most stabilities.

Dynamic Discs Witness....I was so bummed when it went OOP. They said the Latitude 64 Diamond was a replacement for it...but that disc is only in 150 grams, or if you can find it 170 grams. The Diamond has more dome, so it really isn't a replacement for my Witness. I'm still trying to find something that will really replace it. The Witness was my go-to forehand driver.

I found a champ Spider in my closet but 4 isn't enough considering how much I use it. It's about impossible to test every new mid but I've never heard of anything that feels like a Spider in my hand, nor one that I can trust as much after 10+ years.

Sigh.

Dynamic Discs Witness....I was so bummed when it went OOP. They said the Latitude 64 Diamond was a replacement for it...but that disc is only in 150 grams, or if you can find it 170 grams. The Diamond has more dome, so it really isn't a replacement for my Witness. I'm still trying to find something that will really replace it. The Witness was my go-to forehand driver.

Discmania Essence.

I recently got back into playing after a hiatus. Herniated disc put me on the sidelines for a while, plus shoulder surgery. I just learned about discmania moving production to europe. Yes , I've been out the game a bit.

So my favorites that are out of print; Discmania TD Rush, star plastic. I am down to 1 and haven't found a replacement yet. Maybe a TL ?. For me these flew straight and had great glide, were awesome as a tailwind disc when I was living at elevation, Oh and I am primarily a RHFH guy off the tee if that matters. I almost had a heart attack when I started looking at prices on these old things.

Innova Teerex, star plastic. I have 2 and a champ one as well. When I lose those I guess I'll throw champ wraiths or firebirds. I normally pair them with a seasoned destroyer. I use the destroyer for more straights shots and the teerex when I need that fade at the end.

Eagle - L but I stashed a bunch of those and when they are gone a beat in Eagle X , Prodigy F3 or Stalker work pretty good in their place for me.

Lastly, my real meathook a Lattitude 64 XXX, its a pancake flat brick that I love. I haven't found a replacement yet. I use it for skip shots, spike hyzers and getting out of really really bad spots.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think the EL is being produced as an Infinite disc called the Exodus

I threw the Suspect years ago and until I saw this thread, I didn't really think about how I've been trying to replace it ever since. I picked up a Ruin recently and it's great, but not exactly the same. Here's to hoping one of the new DD pros will revive it.....

Discmania Essence.

Naw....I have one of those and while I like it....it isn't the same. The Witness is flatter and better for a forehand. But the Essence is my current go-to driver for RHBH.

That's always the issue with trying to find a 'replacement'....others just aren't totally the same.

That mid-stability speed 7/8 disc has been a revolving door for me.

I enjoyed throwing FDs, but didn't like how difficult they were to buy. Switched to Escapes for a couple years before realizing I preferred something slower and more workable (like an FD). I found Stags to be a reasonable FD replacement. Threw them for maybe a year and a half or so. Then they became hard to find, too. I'm currently bagging DGA Pipelines in that slot.

This wouldn't be such an issue for me, if I didn't have such a habit of playing solo rounds on "easy to lose a disc" courses. And that slot is one of my most thrown, along with putters. So it is easily the disc I lose the most, thus my reticence to throw a mold that isn't widely available.

It's MD4 for me. I reckon the OOP status is only temporary as Discmania will surely continue producing it (right!?). If they don't, I hope that either Innova runs it with a different name or gives the mold to Infinite or something along those lines.

In the mean time, I've thrown Lucid(-X) Verdicts and I kind of like them, although they are identical neither feel-wise or flight-wise. That being said, they will probably stay ITB until someone resurrects the MD4. I still have one decently stable MD4 and a complementary somewhat understable MD4 but at this point I'm afraid to throw them so that I don't fall in love with them again and make a hasty decision to spend a fortune on the second-hand markets :(

I will jump in on this one.

For quite some time I paired the Teebird with the XL.

When the premium XL went OOP I struggled and moved all over trying to find another pairing I liked as well.

I am finally back to a Teebird, now paired with a Crave.

Works well for my game.

Discraft Punishers went OOP last year and I lost my favorite seasoned one, so I had to move on. There are a billion options in that speed and stability, but I ended up on MVP Fission Photons. Very few discs with that large of a rim feel good to me for backhand grip, but the Photon is very comfortable. They have a tiny bit more turn and glide than my average Punisher, so a bit more usable brand new. They beat in surprisingly quick but so far they seem to beat to a point and hold there for a long time.