• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your First Disc

DiscGolfer16022

Bogey Member
I did a search and didnt find anything. This is what you remeber about your first disc. Company/Model/Weight and what drew you to it.

My first disc was an Orange Discraft Maurader weighing in at 174g. What drew me to this particular disc is it was recommended to me by the guy at Lee's sporting good store in Kalamazoo, Mi. The disc had a sparkle purple "Cowboy" stamp.

I think my first real disc was an innova spider. I played disc golf several times, but had no idea that there were special discs and used an ultimate disc. When I started playing for real, it was at morley field in San Diego. I kept renting different discs, and settled into buying the spider. Shortly after I picked up an archangel and a valkyrie, followed by a putter.

My very first disc was a used, yellow, max weight, star Starfire. I bought that at my local PIAS with two others: a max weight, DX leopard, and a max weight, DX Aviar. I first picked up and set on the counter the Starfire though, so I consider that my first disc.

Man i wish i could remember. every time this comes up i get mad because its as though my first disc never existed. My early 20s were a blur....

My first was a DX Viper, 177 g, circa 2002. I was in college and didn't play disc golf. I was working as a counselor for kids with behavior problems, and one of the kids wanted to go play one day, so I picked it up at the local sporting goods store. I don't remember how it flew back then (probably horribly, if I had to guess) but for some reason I hung on to it. Fast forward to 2011 - nine years, and at least seven moves later - and I somehow still had it when my dad came into town and we decided to go to the local course. I don't use it anymore, but I am a sentimental junkie and will likely always keep it.

Plus, it still says Ultra Long Range Driver, or something like that, on it. A sign of the times, to be sure.

Frisbee brand midrange and putter. Found them at a sports stores going out of business sale...no idea what I was buying. First driver was discraft pro d xl. Came in a 3 pack with an apx and pro d buzz.

My first disc that was given to me was An used white Dx raven. After I could see myself playing the sport I went out and bought a blue kc pro 11x teebird. Love that disc, it is currently retired out as my first ace disc. I bought it as it was one of only a few disc there and it just felt right in my hands.

Protostar Champ Boss - I only threw sidearm when I started, so it kinda worked out OK. Now that I throw RHBH, I keep the ol' Boss around for overhand shots.

Discraft Tracer (not tracker) now oop. Was a large diameter midrange driver. First modern discs were a Beast and a Rhyno.

First disc (which I still have) was a light blue magnet, given to me, with no weight written (feels in the high 170's though). First that I bought was a Dx Leopard which is my son's favorite now!

First disc was a neon green champion monarch. I got it at dicks sporting goods and picked it cause I thought it would be easy to find in the woods.

My first golf specific disc 1980:

picture.php

Before this I used catch (freestyle) Frisbees.

Latest posts