• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Your LEAST favorite "new to you" disc you tried in the last 6 months

so even the bio was a meathook, huh? I was thinking of checking these out to replace the culverin as a more-stable escape. It seemed that even with my weak arm, Culverins could get away from me with any wind around. Probably a true slightly more stable escape, glide and all, but I might rather go a click higher.

Bio Getaway 170s
Moonshine Escape 170s
Fuz Escape 170s
Opto Hatchet 168ish

That could be a thing during the cold season, or beginning of next season, to get my feet back under me before the distance drivers come out.

I've got a 171 Bio Getaway that's pretty beefy, but it's basically a backup for me so has never really been broken in. My 166 Bio is fantastic, started flying 9/5/-1/3 for me after a month or two of break-in and has stayed there. I love the lighter Bio Getaway but only bag it roughly half of the time; it fades like a Felon but glides like an Escape, so when I'm playing a course that needs that shot shape it's in the bag but when I'm not then I don't. It kind of shares a slot in my bag with my most stable Escape, a Moonshine. Typically I bag one or the other but not both.
A Lucid Getaway gets into true OS territory, so if you want something a couple ticks more stable than a Moonshine Escape I'd give that a try. My first run Lucid Getaway is basically just a glidey Felon that feels like an Escape. I don't really like it, but maybe that's the level of stability you're looking for.

Me 2. I wanted a Discraft equivalent to my Wizard. It was a dumb idea. There is no equivalent to a Wizards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was before I found wizards, I was looking for a beaded putter. Felt good in the store, felt floaty and unpredictable in the field.
The Wizard was the answer.

Emac Truths. I like regular ol truths, but the Emacs....that tiny little extra bit of microbead or whatever it is, I dont throw them as well.

Emac Truths. I like regular ol truths, but the Emacs....that tiny little extra bit of microbead or whatever it is, I dont throw them as well.

Interesting. I like the Emac Truth more than the regular Truth. Its a bit thinner and faster than a normal Truth. Has more of an S curve flight to it too. I find that it can reach distances I can't quite touch with other mids.

Interesting. I like the Emac Truth more than the regular Truth. Its a bit thinner and faster than a normal Truth. Has more of an S curve flight to it too. I find that it can reach distances I can't quite touch with other mids.

Interesting. The Emac has more of an S-curve for you than the Premac? What flight are you getting out of the Premac then...a gentle turnover?
Just curious because I feel like the Emac has a remarkably consistent flight path regardless of power level. Guys like me can throw them 250-280 and basically get a baby Teebird flight, whereas dudes like McCabe himself can still get a straight/no turn/moderate fade when thrown with signficantly more power. I have limited experience (around 25 throws) with a Premac but found it to be more of a tight S-curve flight at my power. However, I bag a Bio Emac that beat-in in a hot minute, so I found the Premac to be redundant for my bag.

Huh? No way.

Interesting. The Emac has more of an S-curve for you than the Premac? What flight are you getting out of the Premac then...a gentle turnover?
Just curious because I feel like the Emac has a remarkably consistent flight path regardless of power level. Guys like me can throw them 250-280 and basically get a baby Teebird flight, whereas dudes like McCabe himself can still get a straight/no turn/moderate fade when thrown with signficantly more power. I have limited experience (around 25 throws) with a Premac but found it to be more of a tight S-curve flight at my power. However, I bag a Bio Emac that beat-in in a hot minute, so I found the Premac to be redundant for my bag.

I've only thrown one Emac Truth so my results may be skewed, but, I found that although the Premac Truth is less stable overall, when I do accidentally turn it over, it seems to be more forgiving than when I accidentally flipped the Emac Truths.

idk maybe its just the one Emac Truth I have but I dont find it as predictable as my Premac's

Explorer: Everyone heralded it as a better Teebird. I threw mine a few times and couldn't justify bagging it over the F3 I already know and like better. I just like Prodigy's plastic more.

Same deal with the Getaway. I already bag a Culverin; why would I need a domier one?

Ballista Pro: I clearly don't have the arm speed to do anything other than 300' hyzer spikes with it. I already have a Mammoth that I trust more.

Not that these were bad discs... I just didn't get the hype when there's alternatives out there.

Definitely the kastaplast falk. I could find absolutely no use for it. So domey yet entirely glideless. First thing I notice, it flips super fast out of the hand. Like right away, so, I give it some finesse and it flips up to flat and proceeds to find the ground immediately. So then I try a roller expecting it to flip over entirely too fast. It doesn't. I throw it as hard as I can and it won't roll.

Strangest disc I've ever thrown. 0/10

Anvil, great feeling disc. Flies pretty much just like a justice. But I already had a justice and have multiple back ups. So it was just a fun disc to try.

Discmania P2 -- I was on the search for a new putter - heard the hype - saw the Eagle (and the Simon) so I picked a couple up. Not a bad shape/feel but just didn't love the plastic and the flight. It was NOT as stable/OS as it says. It was way too touchy

Prodigy A2 - Wanted to love it, I was looking for a short range really OS disc - and it is, its a good disc , but I could NEVER get it to land where I wanted, haha - I went back to a Zone and realized - I had this disc the whole time - so its not a bad disc, but I couldn't find the range, either I pushed it TOO far or fluffed it and it was short

World - Probably the more disappointed I've been with a driver - its supposed to be OS but it was VERY touchy - sometimes I would rip it and it would hyzer out hard - othertimes would up-flip over and anny roll into the dirt to nowheresville . Its a thin thin disc and that leaves a SMALL margin of error - its not a consistent disc from what I've seen ever from Feldberg throwing it, sometimes it flips too much, othertimes it doesn't
I tried a world a few years ago and thought the same thing

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Love/hate with dynamic sheriffs. They have flown the farthest for me with minimal effort. However, I have several lucid s that do not fly consistent, and the plastics do not wear well. I have gone through 4 this season alone. Keep in mind, I play once a week at best. The only one I keep in the bag now, is a bio Fuzion that took 4 months to be by a hyper flip/ rolling machine. Love it for the woods, big sweeping S curves, forehand rollers. The rest are all but phased out. Durability is not a concern for Trilogy, but I can't justify dropping 20 bucks every 3 months for it to fly like it should

Love/hate with dynamic sheriffs. They have flown the farthest for me with minimal effort. However, I have several lucid s that do not fly consistent, and the plastics do not wear well. I have gone through 4 this season alone. Keep in mind, I play once a week at best. The only one I keep in the bag now, is a bio Fuzion that took 4 months to be by a hyper flip/ rolling machine. Love it for the woods, big sweeping S curves, forehand rollers. The rest are all but phased out. Durability is not a concern for Trilogy, but I can't justify dropping 20 bucks every 3 months for it to fly like it should

Sheriffs really are all over the place on stability. I've thrown anything from extremely flippy Sheriffs to somewhat beefy Sheriffs. I haven't tossed them enough to know how the plastic wears, but the mold has some serious inconsistency. I've never bagged a Sheriff.

Thunderbirds:

When they first came out I jumped on them. The first two I bought, a max weight champion and a max glo champ, were great, truly longer teebirds with great glide, enough stability to hold a line in wind and were very far fliers. Every one I have thrown since has been much more OS, which I don't really need. I'm back to PDs.

Recon Mortars:

I was on a quest for the best OS forehand slow disc. I started with rhynos, then pigs, then gators and mortars. I was very hopeful for the mortar, but the ones I got are a bit touchy and much more straight than OS for my flicks. Gators were on the other end of the spectrum, too OS to be of much use. Zones ftw. Perfect middle ground.

I too have found Sheriffs to be inconsistent. They were once my go to driver and I could get great distance out of them. At first they were everything I wanted them to be and more. Soon after I realized That I could not trust the Sheriff anymore. I went through a few Sheriffs, but they all became inconsistent quickly. I noticed when I dialed down my power was when they flew the most consistent, but could not be trusted on a full power rip. Only in a tail wind was when I could put a bit of trust into the Sheriff. I have since taken the Sheriff out of my bag, and replaced it with something more dependable.

I too have found Sheriffs to be inconsistent. They were once my go to driver and I could get great distance out of them. At first they were everything I wanted them to be and more. Soon after I realized That I could not trust the Sheriff anymore. I went through a few Sheriffs, but they all became inconsistent quickly. I noticed when I dialed down my power was when they flew the most consistent, but could not be trusted on a full power rip. Only in a tail wind was when I could put a bit of trust into the Sheriff. I have since taken the Sheriff out of my bag, and replaced it with something more dependable.

Tell me tell me

Oh yeah, I didn't think much of the Star Mako3 I found. Kind of finicky disc. Not enough juice and it didn't glide much. Too much juice and it ran away on a turnover. Just not very intuitive to hyzer flip into a flat, straight line.

Latest posts