• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Your Max Distance Driver

174 Proton Catalyst.

On a long anny I expect it to go 440+
I've got it out as far as 490.
That thing takes off, pans out, and just keeps sailing down the field.

^^^ Catalyst goes boom. I think it's longer than my Octane. Just goes and goes and goes then has a tiny fade at the end.

I'd love to see a bunch of players in that range throw those side by side.

While I don't have a Tern, I do have a max-weight Daedalus my wife bought me for Crimbo. It goes about the same distance as my StarLite Valkyrie and Fission Volt, ~290 (max 310 or so). The difference is the Valkryie and Volt are easier to throw and more controllable for me.

The comments here prompted me to order a G-Star Tern. I'm anxious to see how it throws and if it adds any distance to my drives.

Opto Ballista or Pro Destroyer. Both top out at around 400 feet, maybe a little more if the wind is right or I get a perfect throw.

Depends really, A flippy 169g G* Beast-X for ideal conditions with a wide fairway. A 174g Z Heat for ideal conditions with a narrow fairway. A beat in 167g X Heat for tailwind drives and an os 168g G* Beast for strong headwinds. All max about 340-360.

The only 2 drivers I bag are the JLS and the PD.

Took me 6 years to realize that I can throw them just as far as I can anything higher speed. PPDs are probably my furthest disc.

Mine has changed from an Octane to a Sheriff... big dome doesn't like my little hands, and I threw the crap out of the Sheriff a few times. Went upwards of 450 for the first time ever with it, so we shall see how far it gets me once I get it dialed in.

Pro wraith 400 max on a good day. I could most likely throw something slower and get the same distance but my wraith seem to be a slow arms "destroyer" without trying to flex something crazy

I am loving the Lace, I find it much less sensitive than the Tern. I have yet to get a turn and burn with my laces. It would happen all the time with the Tern.
I'm getting 30-50 extra feet over anything else I have ever thrown. Unfortunately, my Lace is now at the bottom of Lake Michigan.:mad:

A guy let me throw his Shryke the other day. I looked at the flight numbers and threw it high with a good bit of hyzer. It was pretty sweet. It took a really late flip and stayed that way till the end and maybe came out a little. It flew exactly like the numbers said it would for someone with good arm speed, so kudos to Innova I guess.

I would bag it for rollers and tailwind shots, but too flippy to make the bag most likely. This was a stock star stamp and I'm unsure of the weight. It certainly cruzed over 450 though.

I primarily use a surge FLX. I used to be able to throw it 300' consistently, but thanks to worsening degenerative arthritis in my shoulder, I'm now topping out around 260'.

Thank you second shot for allowing me to still play!!!!

Last edited:
I'm getting 30-50 extra feet over anything else I have ever thrown. Unfortunately, my Lace is now at the bottom of Lake Michigan.:mad:

I'm sorry for your loss.

I ended up buying a few. The good news is, all of the ones I have thrown in every rubber have performed exactly the same. The only difference is the Granite, seems a tick more overstable than then Glow, Firm, or Medium. So if you buy a new one it should perform the same for you.

They are outdriving everything I have thrown. I have tried a ton of distance drivers too. Other drivers can go as far on their best throws, but the Lace has been consistently longer than everything even on throws that aren't perfect.