• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your PDGA 'tax' dollars at work (now hijack free)

Thanx for taking the reins, gcr. We really needed a stern daddy-boy to come in here & call a halt to this debate.

Unfortunately, you don't carry the supreme authority of a "III" at the end of your name, so we'll just have to ignore your decree & let the free debate continue unabated.

Yeah, the metaphorical sheep some how belittles my intelligence because I can see ignorance. I won't apologize for not conforming and following that metaphorical sheep that is so willing for the slaughter.

It would make my day for you to go on the standard hippie rant about sheep. (pot, IRS, federal reserve)

Curiosity, a troubling attraction, and a breathless feeling of warmth & fraternity?

not that was funny

I really don't understand your morality point. Is it that the morality of the issue is relatively small compared to other "sins"?

no, my main issue was with people acting like the PDGA drinking alcohol is wrong 100% of the time, no matter the situation or the cost and when people asked about details of the situation in order to fully evaluate it they were given the "IT DOESN'T MATTER! WRONG IS WRONG!" treatment.

As Ray says, you clearly don't get it. And, what gives you the perception I'm a hippie because I used a sheep metaphor? How the hell did you draw that conclusion?

Does someone need to explain luxury items to you?

You know, not to open a can of worms that would drag this thread along another thirteen pointless pages, but I'm curious where everyone thinks where the line between a necessity and a luxury should drawn. I also wonder if we'd be having such a pissing contest over this if the expenditure in question were over food and not alcohol.

Would a meal (even w/o alcohol) be a luxury if the PDGA were having their summit meetings at Ruth's Chris when there's a perfectly good Applebees down the street? Is Applebees itself a luxury if they could have had dinner at Chick-Fil-A?

Constant, aye? Hrmm, I didn't think it was so constant that a metaphor could be turned into an analogy of my persona or beliefs. Quite unlike Frank's love for penis. Now, that makes him a little piggy ready for a roll in the hay.

You know, not to open a can of worms that would drag this thread along another thirteen pointless pages, but I'm curious where everyone thinks where the line between a necessity and a luxury should drawn. I also wonder if we'd be having such a pissing contest over this if the expenditure in question were over food and not alcohol.

Would a meal (even w/o alcohol) be a luxury if the PDGA were having their summit meetings at Ruth's Chris when there's a perfectly good Applebees down the street? Is Applebees itself a luxury if they could have had dinner at Chick-Fil-A?

While this was the subject of constant debate for a while, it's not the larger point to be had.

Lith,

Do you have a job? Are you a student? Teacher? Summer off?

Just wondering. Why don't you fill up some of your time playing the sport we all love. I'm stuck at a school about an hour-plus away from the nearest course... let me live vicariously through you!!

I would be out there. It's pouring down, and I'm sick. *cough cough* No, seriously I have a sinus/possibly chest infection, **** is cereal and I feel as though I'm on the verge of death every moment I'm awake. But, after 20ish hours of sleep you can only lay in bed so long.

we can get thread into the landfill?!?!

6a00b8ea0674f2dece00c1141318f8c408-200pi