• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your personal top 5 to 10 courses and how and why you rated them that way...

Something like:
1. Paw Paw
2. Black Jack
3. Hawk Hallow
4. Nockamixon
5. Harmon Hills
6. Camp Sankanac
7. Moraine
8. Black Course
9. Orange Crush
10. Iron Hill

Honorable Mention:
11. Quaker's Challenge
12. Patapsco

^ you've played 51 courses and your list is extremely impressive. talk about quality over quantity.

Yeah I've been lucky, and I definitely go out of my way to play the good ones. Wish I had more top tier courses in my immediate area, but I get to travel often enough and visit my family in PA that I probably get to hit more quality courses than most. It's been neat to see a few of the early courses I played stay near the top even as I've gotten a true sense of what an apex course is. I can't overstate how much Orange Crush gets overlooked, for instance.

Moraine was your first? That's like a victoria's secret model being your first.

I know, right? And she wasn't gentle on me that's for sure. What kills me is that I grew up 20 minutes from Moraine, always complaining about how there was nothing to do in Butler, PA. It's suitably ironic that I move away only to get into disc golf and discover that the area has some of the best courses that are out there. Figures. :p

If my top 5 courses were all the same place, I'd play:

Flyboy the most. It (was/is) better than all of them.
Idlewild next.
Nockamixon would get less play than Idlewild just because the footing's so much tougher.
Iron Hill -- just not as pretty as the top three but I'd have to play it, it's Iron Hill.
Fifth . .. I don't have a good way to delineate a fifth among Sankanac, Jordan Creek, Circle R meadow (<-- really liked playing there, seems under-rated to me . . . just saying) Essex, or Quaker's Challenge.

All the others' of the 100 I've played are another notch below those.

Interesting DiscNdave's (local Philly guy, played 200+ and whose opinion I respect) has moved Maple Hill to the top of his list. I haven't played it yet as the only real chance I had was the Vibram weekend, but I will make it sooner rather than later . . . just saying.

Top five (as in best)
1) Harmon Hills
2)Brakewell
3)Nockamixon
4)Iron Hill
5)WR Jackson
Top 5 (as in favorites)
1) Harmon Hills
2) Black Falls
3) Joralemon
4) Sugaree
5) Cranberry Disco

I don't find either a Sugaree or a Cranberry Disco in the database. Are these nicknames? Temps? RIP?

So I've thought a lot about it and done some soul searching and whatnot...

1. Whipping Post
2. Hawk Hollow
3. Black Jack
4. Nockamixon
5. Flyboy
6. Harmon Hills
7. Brackett's Bluff (OG)
8. Iron Hill
9. Stoney Hill
10. Circle C

1. IDGC - WR Jackson Memorial DGC in Appling, GA. I rated this course a very rare five(5). This course has just about every thing to challenge every shot required to score well in our sport and the good shots are rewarded while the bad shots are punished extremely well. There is a very good reason as to why John Houck is Disc Golf's premier course designer.

2. IDGC - Steady Ed Headrick Memorial DGC in Appling, GA. I rated this course a very rare five (5). I rated it based almost entirely on the long tees as I played a mixed of the two while I was here and found the long tees which I did not play looked really well. The Chuck Kennedy/Tom Monroe combo for the design of this course is almost perfect with the multiple landing areas/flight paths to be an especially impressive aspect of the course.

3. Horning's Hideout - Meadow Ridge in North Plains, OR. I rated this course a 4.5. Other than a few tweener/filler holes this course is pure magic. Whether it be long bomber shots downhill through a bunch of trees or an almost 1000 foot par five hole over rolling hills this course has just about everything but a water shot. With two other courses on site geared toward amateurs you have a course for everyone on one piece of property. I love camping out here and playing all weekend!

4. Diamond X in Billings, MT. I rated this course a 4.5. This is half Disc Golf and half hiking/rock climbing. One of the more unique courses I have ever played and for sure the most rugged, you have 36 holes of amazing beauty and challenge. I've only played it once but in that time I fell in love and wish to this day that I can go back again. Bring lots of water and look out for rattlesnakes though!

5. Four Mound - Cape Fear in Spokane. WA. I rated this course a 4.5. This is another destination area especially with three large 18 hole courses on one man's private land. This course is another rugged place with beauty and challenge. There are two other courses on site but I have only played 6-8 holes of each of those and don't think I could rate them yet.

6. Milo Mciver State Park in Estacada, OR. I rated this course a 4.5. AS we all know Milo is home to the NT event 'Beaver State Fling' every year. You get 27 holes of 'throw until your arm hurts' fairways with many par four and par fives holes. Open, Tight, LONG and a few short holes mixed in really challenge every aspect of the game here for even professionals.

7. Seatac DGC in Seatac WA. I rated this course a 4.5. The new layout/extra nine holes are pretty amazing to ramp up an already VERY challenging course into a monster par 87-92 depending on pin position. If this course had more elevation it could be a five(5) star course.

8. IDGC - Jim Warner memorial DGC in Appling, GA. I rated this course a 4.5. Jim Warner for me is the 'worst' course at IDGC and I think it's better than about 200 of the 200+ courses that I've played. Not quite as long or challenging as the other mentioned courses here this is still a fun butt kicking course with a few creeks coming into play as well.

9. Tom Triplett DGC in Savannah, GA. I rated this course a 4.5. I loved TT right from the beginning as in the Northwest where I'm from you don't get to see many courses with multiple tee pads and to see one where it is actually working was even cooler. This place is very pretty and has a lot of holes for just about anyone, I personally enjoyed the contrast between tight woods and open field bombers near the water.

10. Shelton Springs DGC in Shelton Springs, WA. I rated this course a 4.5. This is an amazing piece of land sculpted out of the forest. Multiple tee pads and tight woods with a few open bomber holes this course really has it all and challenges for the best in the state.

You're a blood traitor.

Sigh. At least patapsco isn't there.

It's not really that close.

And I've Changed up as well.

1. Hawk Hollow
2. Flyboy
3. Black Jack
4. "Old" Brackett's
5. WR Jackson
6. Nockimixon
7. Iron hill
8. Stoney hill
9. Steady ed
10. Tyler state park

Last edited:
So I've thought a lot about it and done some soul searching and whatnot...

1. Whipping Post
2. Hawk Hollow
3. Black Jack
4. Nockamixon
5. Flyboy
6. Harmon Hills
7. Brackett's Bluff (OG)
8. Iron Hill
9. Stoney Hill
10. Circle C

Whippin' Post as number one? Nice. I was really blown away by it last weekend.

If it should merit a 5 from you that would push it into the top 25, which would be cool to see after all these years.

Whippin' Post as number one? Nice. I was really blown away by it last weekend.

If it should merit a 5 from you that would push it into the top 25, which would be cool to see after all these years.

one of them used to be in the top 10, I forget which one.:\

one of them used to be in the top 10, I forget which one.:\

Probably the Woodshed, since it has enough votes to qualify. Whippin' Post is currently sitting at 19, so another vote pushes it to the qualifying 20, and a 5 would give it a qualifying rating. Of course, that's assuming that the next reviewer gives it a 5. :p I can see it being a bit polarizing for some, since it's punishingly difficult and a bit rough around the edges (though not nearly what I had anticipated).

Probably the Woodshed, since it has enough votes to qualify. Whippin' Post is currently sitting at 19, so another vote pushes it to the qualifying 20, and a 5 would give it a qualifying rating. Of course, that's assuming that the next reviewer gives it a 5. :p I can see it being a bit polarizing for some, since it's punishingly difficult and a bit rough around the edges (though not nearly what I had anticipated).

You're right, it was the woodshed. Glad you enjoyed it.

Nockamixon, quakertown PA
Brandywine, Delaware
Tyler state park, newtown PA
Stafford woods, voorhees Nj
Sellersville dgc, sellersville PA

I've only bagged 20 or so courses in my still young disc golf journey, and those are my personal top 5 thus far.

Nockamixon, quakertown PA
Brandywine, Delaware
Tyler state park, newtown PA
Stafford woods, voorhees Nj
Sellersville dgc, sellersville PA

I've only bagged 20 or so courses in my still young disc golf journey, and those are my personal top 5 thus far.

Not a bad start. :thmbup:

Moraine was the first course I ever played, and it's still in my top 5 (and not for sentimental reasons). Orange Crush was probably in my first 10 or so played, and it's still up there, too. Looks like you've also gotten some quality courses early on.

1. IDGC - WR Jackson Memorial DGC in Appling, GA. I rated this course a very rare five(5). This course has just about every thing to challenge every shot required to score well in our sport and the good shots are rewarded while the bad shots are punished extremely well. There is a very good reason as to why John Houck is Disc Golf's premier course designer.

2. IDGC - Steady Ed Headrick Memorial DGC in Appling, GA. I rated this course a very rare five (5). I rated it based almost entirely on the long tees as I played a mixed of the two while I was here and found the long tees which I did not play looked really well. The Chuck Kennedy/Tom Monroe combo for the design of this course is almost perfect with the multiple landing areas/flight paths to be an especially impressive aspect of the course.

3. Horning's Hideout - Meadow Ridge in North Plains, OR. I rated this course a 4.5. Other than a few tweener/filler holes this course is pure magic. Whether it be long bomber shots downhill through a bunch of trees or an almost 1000 foot par five hole over rolling hills this course has just about everything but a water shot. With two other courses on site geared toward amateurs you have a course for everyone on one piece of property. I love camping out here and playing all weekend!

4. Diamond X in Billings, MT. I rated this course a 4.5. This is half Disc Golf and half hiking/rock climbing. One of the more unique courses I have ever played and for sure the most rugged, you have 36 holes of amazing beauty and challenge. I've only played it once but in that time I fell in love and wish to this day that I can go back again. Bring lots of water and look out for rattlesnakes though!

5. Four Mound - Cape Fear in Spokane. WA. I rated this course a 4.5. This is another destination area especially with three large 18 hole courses on one man's private land. This course is another rugged place with beauty and challenge. There are two other courses on site but I have only played 6-8 holes of each of those and don't think I could rate them yet.

6. Milo Mciver State Park in Estacada, OR. I rated this course a 4.5. AS we all know Milo is home to the NT event 'Beaver State Fling' every year. You get 27 holes of 'throw until your arm hurts' fairways with many par four and par fives holes. Open, Tight, LONG and a few short holes mixed in really challenge every aspect of the game here for even professionals.

7. Seatac DGC in Seatac WA. I rated this course a 4.5. The new layout/extra nine holes are pretty amazing to ramp up an already VERY challenging course into a monster par 87-92 depending on pin position. If this course had more elevation it could be a five(5) star course.

8. IDGC - Jim Warner memorial DGC in Appling, GA. I rated this course a 4.5. Jim Warner for me is the 'worst' course at IDGC and I think it's better than about 200 of the 200+ courses that I've played. Not quite as long or challenging as the other mentioned courses here this is still a fun butt kicking course with a few creeks coming into play as well.

9. Tom Triplett DGC in Savannah, GA. I rated this course a 4.5. I loved TT right from the beginning as in the Northwest where I'm from you don't get to see many courses with multiple tee pads and to see one where it is actually working was even cooler. This place is very pretty and has a lot of holes for just about anyone, I personally enjoyed the contrast between tight woods and open field bombers near the water.

10. Shelton Springs DGC in Shelton Springs, WA. I rated this course a 4.5. This is an amazing piece of land sculpted out of the forest. Multiple tee pads and tight woods with a few open bomber holes this course really has it all and challenges for the best in the state.

This will more than likely change in the next week! California here I come :)

My Top 10

1. Maple Hill, MA
2. Flip City, MI
3. Stafford Lake, CA
4. Delaveaga, CA
5. Fairfield Park, IL
6. Coyote Point, CA
7. Idlewild, KY
8. Highland Park, IL
9. Sloterpark, Amsterdam, NL
10. Lemon Lake Red, IN

im just playing man, flyboy is still the best disc golf experience by far.