• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your personal top 5 to 10 courses and how and why you rated them that way...

That is really solid bravethrower. I haven't had the pleasure of Stoney Hill yet so I'd probably sub Maple Hill for that one. It pains my little brain too much to do my own list, but I'd have to find a place for Holler in the Hills also. It was a really cool place. If you gave me a top 20 or so I might be able to narrow it down.

There's still time.....tournament in 36 hours.

My daughter's volleyball tourney this weekend has already claimed my free time. Plus your open disdain for thumbers gives me pause. :p

My daughter's volleyball tourney this weekend has already claimed my free time. Plus your open disdain for thumbers gives me pause. :p

You must be the only thumberer whom I've given pause. The rest throw them far more than they otherwise would, just so they can gleefully tell me about it.

Anyway, we're terribly flattered by those who've mentioned Stoney Hill in this thread, and pleased that you enjoyed your visits here.

1. Conifer
2. Bucksnort
3. Phantom Falls
4. Hidden Lake
5. BRP
6. Bailey
7. Spearfish Canyon
8. Kaposia
9. Pageant Hill
10. Bryant Lake

I hope to change this a bunch by the end of the year!

uh ... apparently I haven't posted in this thread? weird

1) Flyboy
2) Brackett's Bluff (old)
3) Stoney Hill
4) Steady Ed
5) WR Jackson
6) McCurry (homer pic :p)
7) NGCT
8) Parc du Bourdon
9) JP Moseley
10) Flat Rock

everytime i read this thread i get reminded i haven't played most of the georgia courses

The 5 courses I've played that, to my taste, are a level above the other 100+.

1---Ashe County, West Jefferson, NC
Public, average length, mountainous

2---Gran Canyon, Brooksville, FL
Private, extinct, long (27 holes), very hilly

3---Stoney Hill, Newberry, SC
Private, a little long, very hilly

4---Hampton Park, Charleston, SC
Annual Temporary Course, average length, completely flat

5---Still Waters Farm, Govan SC
Private, extinct, very long (10,000'), very slight elevation

Elevation varies from extreme to flat. Length varies from about 5500-10000 feet. Three are private (plus one is only available once a year). Sadly, except for the first weekend in December, 3 of my 5 favorites can't be played.

Just added Flyboy to the elite tier of my favorite courses. Waiting for my brain to settle to figure out where it ranks---or, more to the point, whether there's any reason it doesn't rank #1---but, for the time being, my list is now a Top 6, and there's a significant gap between them, and everything else I've played.

I'd like to edit mine.

1. Flyboy(Classic)
2. Stoney Hill
3. Flyboy(Viper)
4. Brackets Bluff(Old)
5. North Georgia Canopy Tours

:)

1) Flyboy
3) Stoney Hill
4) Flyboy (Viper)
5) Steady Ed
6) WR Jackson
7) McCurry (homer pic :p)
8) NGCT
9) Parc du Bourdon
10) JP Moseley

1. Conifer
2. Bucksnort
3. Phantom Falls
4. Hidden Lake
5. BRP
6. Bailey
7. Spearfish Canyon
8. Kaposia
9. Pageant Hill
10. Bryant Lake

I hope to change this a bunch by the end of the year!

Not sure what you are planning to play this year, but unless you're hitting Highbridge, Flyboy, or Selah Ranch, your top 3 might very well stay your top 3. I love those courses in the Conifer/Pine/Bailey area in Colorado, and Conifer and Bucksnort are definitely the best.

I do need to spend more time in the Twin Cities. I enjoy my time there in the summer but haven't gotten to play anything other than Blue Ribbon Pines.

1) Flyboy
3) Stoney Hill
4) Flyboy (Viper)
5) Steady Ed
6) WR Jackson
7) McCurry (homer pic :p)
8) NGCT
9) Parc du Bourdon
10) JP Moseley

I've probably missed a thread or two, but what is Flyboy Viper?

I haven't been around the country, but I can give you a good idea about fun courses in north and west Texas.

1) Selah Creekside (Talco TX) -- I had more fun playing this course than any other. I'd play it every day if I could.
2) Selah Lakeside (Talco TX)-- Epic holes and about as fun as Creekside for me.
3) Lidsey Park Gold "Dogwood" (Tyler TX) -- A blast in the east Texas woods.
4) Running Water Draw Park (Plainview TX) -- The best of west Texas. Windy and wonderful.
5) Cherry Creek (Canton TX) -- A fabulous back 9. If the front 9 was as good, it would be hard to beat.
6) Shawshank (Huntsville TX) -- Tricked up course that's as fun to comment on as it is to play.
7) Lester Lorch Coyote (Cedar Hill TX) -- Fun technical course.
8) Munson Park (Denison TX) -- Nice elevation and big trees on mowed fairways. It's fun to throw off the tee here.
9) Gateway (Fort Worth TX) -- Even with it's obvious drawbacks, it's always a fun round.
10) Cameron Park (Waco TX) -- Very well maintained. Nice variety. The only reason it's this low on my list is because it's crowded.

I'm going to stick to Illinois. We have some great courses and a huge disc golf scene that often gets overlooked.

1. Foundations Park--Centralia, IL
2. McNaughton Park--Pekin, IL
3. Northwoods Park--Morton, IL
4. Camden 2--Milan, IL
5. Highland Park--Joliet, IL
6. Sinnissippi Park--Sterling, IL
7. Wildcat Springs--Hamilton, IL
8. Lincoln Park South & North--Springfield, IL
9. Anna Page Park East, West, & Soth--Rockford, IL
10. Rock Springs Park--Alton, IL

:D It is indeed a bit of a curveball to include it in there. Read my review (linked) and you will know why I included it and how I justify a 5.0. But you are sorely wrong that it is a typical nasty niner (great phrase btw!). It is a really cool course actually and an absolute blast to play with just a putter. Its the best (highest addiction factor) 9-er of 125 I have played.
JUst gave that review a thumbs up. I appreciate that you review based on what you like and say that upfront. sounds like a course I would like to play.

My top 10

1) Flyboy Aviation
2) Flip City
3) Lemon Lake Gold
4) Ashe County Park
5) Idlewild
6) Renaissance Gold
7) Brackett's Bluff (old)
8) Friends of Punderson
9) Cedar Hill
10) Paradise Plates

IMHO, Kelly is still showing the rest of the world how it's done.

Harmon,tn
Ozark, mo
West lake, ia
Big brother, wisc
Lodge moccasin, ok
Sugaree, nc
Flyboy, ga
Black jack, nc
Holler, ky
Idle wild, ky
Foundation, il

Last edited: