• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Zone Replacement

Since it's a zone thread. Instead of starting a new one I figured I'd just ask here.

I have an esp zone ATM. 174g flat.

It doesn't skip very much on a straight release. Do other plastics skip more? I want something I can rip low and have it skip more than this one. This is good for what it is. But I'd like to carry another disc for longer skips.

I would say try different releases/throws. You should be able to figure out the skip potential.

Since it's a zone thread. Instead of starting a new one I figured I'd just ask here.

I have an esp zone ATM. 174g flat.

It doesn't skip very much on a straight release. Do other plastics skip more? I want something I can rip low and have it skip more than this one. This is good for what it is. But I'd like to carry another disc for longer skips.

I've found that the ESPs are the hardest and most beefy of all the plastic blends, and they seem to skip the most. I think that you need to either bump up to a Gator or Drone or all the way to a beefy f/d like the Whippet or Trident. The Zone is great for skips, but I find they work best as close range with a lot of hyzer. That it doesn't skip too much is one of the big perks of the Zone; you get that hard fade with a greatly reduced chance of overshooting or something nutty happening.

have you tried a wedge

Are you a pro? If not then why change to all Innova? Never understood this type of thinking, use the best plastic as long as you can. Brand loyalty in DG is pointless unless you are getting paid to rep their gear.

zones are expensive! i would switch but i really like the esp zone so i'm not switching.

truth is we all probably got tricked into posting and starting arguments.

i would just grenade a groove that is really close to a zone.