• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Zuca backpack cart w/ Grip bag ...

Forehand Shiver

Bogey Member
Hello,
Any chance anyone has used either the Zuca or DD backpack cart with a Grip A-Series bag? If so, can you post pics, please. Want to know the fit and function before buying.

Thanks!

Curious about this as well, I might just break down and buy the cart and shove the bag in there. I am also contemplating getting fenders for the cart to keep the dirt and mud off the bag as much as possible as the bag will more than likely hang over a bit.

The A-series is not a good fit (if you can even say it fits, really) in the backpack cart. You'd be much better off with a B-series

The older A series fits fine, just a bit snug. Its the Ax series with the expandable pockets that has a hard time fitting. you can unzip the pockets and get it squished in there but you lose some disc space in the bag from it being so crammed into the frame.

Grip AX15 in a ZUCA Backpack cart. It's tight but it fits... I got 19 in the main compartment comfortably, it gets tighter once the side pockets get stuff in them. I like the set up and I also got the putter pouch for the cart. This allows me to carry 3 to 4 more discs in the bag's putter pocket. I can carry 28 discs in total. My back feels better just by looking at it.

The A-series is not a good fit (if you can even say it fits, really) in the backpack cart. You'd be much better off with a B-series

Any chance you have a photo? I've heard from a few different folks that it fits/no it doesn't fit. Lots of pics of Grip bags in the Zucca, just not the old A-Series bag. Thanks in advance!

Any chance you have a photo? I've heard from a few different folks that it fits/no it doesn't fit. Lots of pics of Grip bags in the Zucca, just not the old A-Series bag. Thanks in advance!

http://imgur.com/gallery/nm3ny

The guy that posted this on /r/discgolf said he could only fit 19 in the main compartment. He also has additional diamond plate fenders to keep the bag supported instead of just hanging over - and getting wet or muddy from the wheels.

Seeing how nicely the B-series fits in person, I'd say that the Ax bags don't fit very well. I have a DD Ranger in mine, and losing the side storage is pretty negligible with a couple of extras, and I lose zero main/upper compartment storage.

http://imgur.com/gallery/nm3ny

The guy that posted this on /r/discgolf said he could only fit 19 in the main compartment. He also has additional diamond plate fenders to keep the bag supported instead of just hanging over - and getting wet or muddy from the wheels.

Seeing how nicely the B-series fits in person, I'd say that the Ax bags don't fit very well. I have a DD Ranger in mine, and losing the side storage is pretty negligible with a couple of extras, and I lose zero main/upper compartment storage.

Now looking back I see that these pics were already posted...

The L-frames (first few runs) fit just fine. The B15 fits just fine. The Ax15 doesn't fit so well in my opinion. Not sure about any intermediate A-series, I probably was referring to the Ax15 in my original post

Now looking back I see that these pics were already posted...

The L-frames (first few runs) fit just fine. The B15 fits just fine. The Ax15 doesn't fit so well in my opinion. Not sure about any intermediate A-series, I probably was referring to the Ax15 in my original post

It does fit well enough for it being my only bag that I carry and wanting to get the backpack cart! I was a little hesitant at first but it fits well enough to be functional with the add on of the fenders. I would almost say that the fenders are needed if doing this or any other bag that hangs out past the edge. True the Ranger bag would fit the best and the whole notion of putting a square peg in a square hole thing... It would not go over well though with the wifey if I all of the sudden show up with another bag... Dog house status there...

Is there anything that secures the bag into the cart to keep it from falling forward/out? Thinking about getting one to use with my Discmania Grip.

Is there anything that secures the bag into the cart to keep it from falling forward/out? Thinking about getting one to use with my Discmania Grip.

The rails on the bottom 'lock' in the frame. I've tipped the cart over several times on accident and never had a single issue with either my ranger or my wife's gripEQ L-frame moving, let alone falling out. Maybe it's magic? ;)

Latest posts