• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Zuca / Dynamic Transit Cart

So it turns out that, it seems, the transit cart is the one to buy unless you want to go compact because...the bars supporting the transit bag are easily removable and my squatch bag fits right in there. So its configurable to be a backpack cart or can be used in original configuration. Comparing it the LG backpack cart shows that those middle cross bars don't contribute to the structure of the cart, they just hold up the transit bag. The placement of the front cross bar hits right above the backpack main opening and isn't in the way at all. I would bet the trekker insert fits in there just fine too if you wanted to go that way. Of course the giant side squatch pockets don't expand all the way BUT the diagonal thin metal piece between the main compartment and the wheel does a great job of allowing the side pockets to puff out partially without rubbing on the wheel.

The front cross bar could be removed also, but it keeps the bag in without having to latch up the backpack straps to the upper back crossbar to stay in place which allows for easy removal for bag only play. Use of a putter pouch free up the top bag putter pouch for additional storage as well.

Last edited:
I'm realistically hoping to make a full recovery, but, given that I just had both knees repaired,...

A quality cart might not be a bad idea.

Can't go wrong with a Zuca. I have the AT and want to step into a transit this year. The design is really unique, and more usable storage than the AT. I noticed stamina improve once I started rolling, and the back pains let up quite a bit.

So it turns out that, it seems, the transit cart is the one to buy unless you want to go compact because...the bars supporting the transit bag are easily removable and my squatch bag fits right in there. So its configurable to be a backpack cart or can be used in original configuration. Comparing it the LG backpack cart shows that those middle cross bars don't contribute to the structure of the cart, they just hold up the transit bag. The placement of the front cross bar hits right above the backpack main opening and isn't in the way at all. I would bet the trekker insert fits in there just fine too if you wanted to go that way. Of course the giant side squatch pockets don't expand all the way BUT the diagonal thin metal piece between the main compartment and the wheel does a great job of allowing the side pockets to puff out partially without rubbing on the wheel.

The front cross bar could be removed also, but it keeps the bag in without having to latch up the backpack straps to the upper back crossbar to stay in place which allows for easy removal for bag only play. Use of a putter pouch free up the top bag putter pouch for additional storage as well.

Really helpful information. Thanks!

Probably gonna stick with my LG Backpack though...in any bagging day, I switch carry or cart depending on the course. I might go back and forth several times. Backpack cart works great for that.

I've got a Transit, and between the extra effort of flipping up the seat to grab a disc, or bending down to get discs from way lower position - my 46 year old back will take flipping the seat up any day! It's really not difficult, once you get used to it. Super easy, barely an inconvenience!

The seat on my Transit stays up. Didn't have to tighten anything. It is a great cart, I hope they make a smaller version similar to the compact because 25 discs plus Putter pouch it too much for me outside of tournament play.

I have an all-terrain and it's great but can tip if you hit a tree root at the wrong angle. If I had to do it again I'd probably go Transit as the center of gravity looks a bit lower.

Seems like there's no rainfly available for the transit cart. Do the discs stay fairly dry when it's raining since the seat covers most of the main compartment?

Seems like there's no rainfly available for the transit cart. Do the discs stay fairly dry when it's raining since the seat covers most of the main compartment?

I don't see a problem as long as you keep the seat cover down. I haven't brought it out in the recent big rains here in California, but in some light rain my discs stayed pretty dry... I did leave a towel laid on top of the discs as well so that probably helped.

Get one of those cheap umbrella sockets to mount on the vertical pole. It keeps things pretty dry, provided the rain isn't blowing sideways. It's easily mounted/unmounted if you don't want it to live there.

Can't tell you how much that little $10 gadget helps when it comes to wet weather.

Latest posts